Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Computer Crime ?

in reality if you nuke someones private computer you'll loose your account with that isp if caught. if its a biz you down...then you get busted. if the person whose private computer you downed is some kind of an official your busted.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Look on the bright side.

Yes in the USA hackers (proven beyond reasonable doubt) can face custodial sentences. This seems reasonable.

Here in the UK they merely have to suggest that you have encrypted files, if you forget your password you can go down for 6 months anyway under the RIP act (apparently)

I don't think there has yet been a precedent for this though

Slarty

Hmmm... someone here was referring to the case against Dmitry from Russia... he wasn't extradited, he was busted when he came to the US for a Defcon meeting.
    Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!

One name, Kevin Mitnick!
    If you don\'t tell me what I want to know, in 5 minutes I\'ll be the only person left standing at this table...5 minutes after that, I\'ll be the only person left standing in this room.

I would imagine that you could more or less hack with out a care in the world if your in some third world country.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

Yeah, but what's to say the third world country even has the internet flowing there? Its always good to have some kind of anonymity when performing a hack anywhere .

Just go hackin when your at the Library's computer, or in a foreign Internet Cafe (this is easy in europe). Or maybe at an Internet Coffeeshop in Amsterdam (slip the bartender a few euro's and he's never seen ya).
    Bleh.

hacker = terrorist = USA has declared war on you.
    God save the President and his fascist regime!

Aww, I have a new found respect for libraries now, down here. Mainly the one at the University. I go there and they let you download whatever. Fast connection. Stay as long as you want. Dumb computer admins (part-time workers) and best of all, anonymity of 10,000 plus students.

If one day, I have enough money, I'll migrate to Cuba or New Zealand, give loads of cash to that country for not bothering me, then build the world's one of the best computer system on a remote place in that country, with a perfect Internet connection.
    Then do whatever I want
    But that just seems to be a dream...
    Try, Fail but Do iT at last!
    ASA The ZeroTimeR
    The Turkish IT Documentation Project