Thread: ms hacked

Banned

ms hacked

http://www.shortnews.com/shownews.cf...643&u_id=16365

dont know the validilty of the news it was in one of those ****ing pop up that u get everynow and then but intersting non the less hehe
    RiOtEr

damn anarchists really knows how to keep up with technology.. i remember the times when they used to vandal govt buildings with spray pains or big ass banners.. now, who knows what else they can do..

Banned
    Heh, Silver Lords used to stick to .org's and .gov's.....
    I never saw a link on attrition or any defacement mirror that said M$.com was hacked.... Wow, This has gotta suck for Micro$oft, LOL
    Right after they said they were focusing on security

I think it was incredible stupid of Microsoft to make a statement on security and there focus on it. It is a well known fact that once you claim to be secure you get hacked.
    On the bright side, only good can come out of this. Microsoft might even shape up, or add a couple of liunes to the constitution, whichever costs less.

http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons...3&mode=classic
    Mankan

\"The purpose of abstraction is not to be vague, but to create a new semantic level in which one can be absolutely precise.\"
    - Edsger Dijkstra

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I remember seeing something about this a couple days ago. I guess the machine was a "chat" machine used for tech support. It was not located in america if I remember correctly.

Anyway, it still sucks for microsoft. Remember Oracle saying 9i couldn't be hacked
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Whenever Ms is tries to cough up its security measures,they are actualy creating more bugs.
    Thats what the trend seems to be.
    Better Laugh At Your Own Problems..
    Coz...The World Laughs At Them

Yeah, this happened two to three days ago, but it seems that MS can't even patch any security holes in their software as of late either. As of late? I mean...as always.

MS blows it again - Patch issued last week for Windows ME causes lock ups and erratic behavior
    MS takes ME fix for DDoS in Plug and Play component offline
    03-29-2002 10:42:42 AM CST - from the MS ' whoops we botched it again ' department

"Microsoft has issued a warning that the patch it issued last week to fix a denial-of-service vulnerability in the Universal Plug and Play component in Windows ME contained a regression error that causes affected machines to become erratic and hangs some applications. The good news is that similar patches for Windows 98 and XP are unaffected.

Microsoft has removed the Windows ME patch from its Web site and is working on an updated patch. This is the second time in less than three weeks that Microsoft has had to retract a patch because of a regression error. In late October the company had a similar problem with a patch to repair a vulnerability in the terminal services component of Windows 2000. Instead of fixing the flaw, the patch prevented the service from working at all."

And that's the up to the minute news from snp.com

isn't it common knowledge that the microsoft answers to problems are not often effecient or effective?

isn't it common knowledge that the microsoft answers to problems are not often effecient or effective?