Ie Stealing Share From Netscape
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ie Stealing Share From Netscape

Ie Stealing Share From Netscape

Interesting text, read it. (kill Bill Gates and his ****** company). For more details go here .
    With just seven months on the market, Internet Explorer 6 (IE) has already gained significant market share, stealing the fire from rival browser Netscape, which recently suffered a marked drop in users, according to a report released Wednesday by Internet researcher WebSideStory.
    IE6's global market share has ballooned from just 2.4 percent shortly after its launch to 30.5 percent as of Monday, the researcher said. Meanwhile, Netscape, which had been holding steady with 12 percent of the worldwide market for more than a year, dropped to slightly over 7 percent after the release of IE6.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Netscape doesn't support the fun new text that jp added for us. Therfore, when everyone on here converted to IE, it caused a major shift in market share. So actually, its all AO's fault
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

It has A VERY SERIOUS disadvantage, but there many other too which i don't know becasue i have IE

Now... I'm IE biased... other than IE, the only other browser I use is Opera... Why don't I use Netscape.. its too bloody slow, and looks like its a f##king toy!!!

and that's my drunken slur.... lookie, I spelt all my words correctly...
    IN YOUR FACE RIOTER!!!
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

i know Matty_Cross, you've right. But i have the same PC with my brother and he's older, he doesn't live to do many changes.

I hear that AOL is striking back at Microsoft hard. They are going to be packaging either Netscape, or the first official distro of Mozilla with all versions of AOL soon. Aol has something like 35 million users, so this could really work. The browser wars arent over yet.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

one look at webtrends from my reasonably busy site says it all for me...

Microsoft Internet Explorer 89.72%
    Netscape Navigator 8.81%

and it's been like since ie5 was introduced...if anything 6 is just another nail....

if aol drops Ie...we might see a difference...but not if they release something as kludgy as ns6...don't know what 6.2 is like but netscape lost me after 4.7...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Originally posted here by Matty_Cross
    other than IE, the only other browser I use is Opera... Why don't I use Netscape.. its too bloody slow, and looks like its a f##king toy!!!

I was huge Netscape fan untill the release of their 6 series of browser. What a memory hog! Opera suits me just fine thank you very much....
    Originally posted here by Matty_Cross

and that's my drunken slur.... lookie, I spelt all my words correctly...
    IN YOUR FACE RIOTER!!!

LOL.....not to mention punctuation......

Netscape has declined into a piece of crap
    Its not software piracy. Iím just making multiple off site backups.

Hi mom!

Re: Ie Stealing Share From Netscape

Originally posted here by GbinaryR
    (...) IE6's global market share has ballooned from just 2.4 percent shortly after its launch to 30.5 percent as of Monday, the researcher said. (...)
    Hardly surprising, isn't it? Windows has that nice pop-up thingy telling to update your software. Personally, I think this is unfair competition. Someone should file a lawsuit.

On a sidenote: Why on earth should I be interested in the 2.4 percent market share 'shortly after the launch'? I'm pretty sure it was 0% at the time of the lauch...
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.