Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5000bit encryption...for your cellphone

5000bit encryption...for your cellphone

if this is as good as they say it is...wow...

With e2Sec, we're talking about encryption in excess of 5,000 bits, and as much as two to the power of 10,000."

2^10000 is a huge, huge number...beats 128bit by..oh...just a little....

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...ve=RTGAM&site=
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

So let me ask, If you can't hack the data you want from the transmission then where would you look next?

How secure is the repository?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    It seems like a >5000 bit encryption would be increadibly slow. Ok, so with todays computers that means 15 nanoseconds or so, but thats beside the point. I haven't read the article yet (taking forever to load) but on a cell, wouldn't that cause some delays?
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

PGPDisk with a 4096-bit keypair should be enough to keep the data secure on storge, for most data anyway... I guess the NSA, Mi6 and other government agencies around the world would want considerably higher security, but that's their problem.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

They really shouldn't say "un-hackable" cuz every time someone says that it eventualy gets hacked...
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

Like "unsinkable" and "titanic", eh?
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

Banned
    Why would you want 5000 bit encryption on a phone
    I could understand if its for a computer, but a ****ing phone? Meh, They must have their reasons

Everything will eventually be hacked, there is no way around it. Unless it's not connected to anything...
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I'm guessing that 5000 bit encryption would mean a big performance hit on a cellphone.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

Only (Almost) Truly safe method of using your comp is 2 unpug it....
    (I say almost coz EM signals do get transmited by your screen and HD, which can be detected.)
    "All Clear in the Spy Buissness" - Contact

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.