Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5000bit encryption...for your cellphone

Banned
    thats aes encrytption well thats how it works and not all cellphone signals are encrypted just my 2 c
    RiOtEr

Noia, You can erect Tempest shielding around the facility and it should stop *most* EM emissions, so if you have your own power plant, you won't need to plug into anything outside at all...

Of course, there wouldn't be Internet access, cos any cable running into the building, even if on a separate network, totally unconnected to the one youre trying to protect, would be able to transfer any EM interference outside the tempest shielding.... right down as far as the other end of the cable.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

i guess having it in your fone is good. encode your transmitions. my new fone can run some java softwarel and it hooks up to the internet so i could see wanting a little security. But it is a fone for goodnes sakes.
    God save the President and his fascist regime!

In 1 year, we won't have phones or laptops anymore. We will have Phonetops with a GPS system for tracing the "hackin"user and a sattelite internet connection.
    Bleh.

Here in Japan, we got some of the best phones around! I doubt that would cause any performance hit what-so-ever... We have phones playing MP3's, using Secure Flash Memory, Taking Pictures, Acting As Video-Phones, Internet Access, Address Books, Game Devices (Not Too Complex, but Fun), and most anything else... Not only that, but you can get them for around $100+, but you also have to get the service... We also have cell phones that act as wireless modems... About a year and a half ago, they had 64K cell-modems... I don't know what it is at now, but we do have a lot of stuff over here... Just to let you people know...

-Tim_axe

Excuse me for being technical as I know this was extracted from a PR guy ...

we're talking about encryption in excess of 5,000 bits, and as much as two to the power of 10,000
    From my understanding, 1 bit = 2 possibilities = 2^1, thus 5,000 bits = 2^5000 possibilities ... but, if they say "as much as 2^10,000", does it mean 10,000 bits?

Which is it then? Count on PR people to speak nonsense.

Cheers.

BrainStop
    "To estimate the time it takes to do a task, estimate the time you think it should take, multiply by two, and change the unit of measure to the next highest unit. Thus we allocate two days for a one-hour task." -- Westheimer's Rule