Why MyHotmail no Work

Thread: Why MyHotmail no Work

Why MyHotmail no Work

I've recently started using Opera as my broswer. It's great, but I can't get my hotmail to work. Can someone tell me why my hotmail doesn't work when I use the Opera browser? I can get to the login page but after I've entered my name and password and press enter, I'm brought back to the login page again. I have to enter my name and pass word again but it'll just bring me back to the same spot. Any suggestions?

Are you getting any error messages at all?
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Nope, no error message. I'm just sent back to the login page

I also use Opera and I also happen to use Hotmail with zero problems... with IE6, otoh, I tend to have plenty of problems...
    Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!

Do you have cookies enabled? Also, have you used the hotmail troublesooting page yet? It's got some stuff you ought to check out if you haven't.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Hey, I think I solved my own problem. Again, I am new with Opera. I went through the Quick Preference and found "Identify as MSIE 5.0" marked so I marked "Identify as Opera" instead. Now it seems to be working. I hope it does at least. It doesn't look the same as with Explorer, but it'll do. Thanks for your help.

Good to see your problem solved, I'm just posting to say one thing that I've noticed with the 'Identify as MSIE' and 'Identify as Opera'. When you use Opera and you have the default option selected (Identify as MSIE), some pages are not viewed well - one example is http://vnunet.com - this page uses menus and when it identifies your browser as MSIE, it enables the menu's, so that when you use Opera with the 'Identify as MSEI' option selected, the page looks very weird at all. However, when you have the option 'Identify as Opera' selected, vnunet.com detects this and disables the menu's, meaning that the page looks fine with Opera.

Also, while I'm at it, Hotmail is getting on my nerves cos everytime I log in, it says, "Your Current Web Browsing Software Will Limit Your Ability to Use Hotmail". This is bloody annoying cos it keeps appearing EVERYTIME I use hotmail, which, I'm sure you'd understand, can get irritating. Hotmail works fine with Opera for me, so I don't know why they have to display this damn message, if they gave me an option to turn it off, I'd be happy, but they don't. I guess it's just another way they are trying to get everyone to use their products...bastards...this is what's a bit lower down on that page:

"We recommend that you upgrade your web browsing software, and invite you to download Microsoft's Internet Explorer 5.0."

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Hot ice>>> if i have my security to block
    the browser (user agent) i get the
    same incompatible browser notice at hotmail
    using internet explorer 6. Otherwise its fine

Banned
    the solution is this

click the submit button and do not press the enter key