Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SubSeven 2.2

Only download sub7 form the official site. There are lots of edited versions that will do not so nice things to your computer. Same goes for back orifice.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

Avid, you can do what you want to of course, but if I were you, I wouldn't won't to be on either end of sub/seven. You don't know what kind of backdoors it might have built into it.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

I know preach i should be happy with my security stopping it. I spend half,well no 72% of
    my free time chasing down security issue's as i type im trying to find that that page i was
    reading about python in windows allowing all kinds of things to happen.
    And the other 23% is monopoly,scrabble,etc.
    And when you get attacked playing monopoly it kind of get's to ya like not having your
    armour on battling the spirits of the unseen world.

Talkin' about Norton, yesterday some dumbass send me the worm w32.BadTrans.B which includes a keylogger and Norton detected it before even I could see the filename appear on the screen...
    Even if it did appear, I would not run a .scr file...
    Try, Fail but Do iT at last!
    ASA The ZeroTimeR
    The Turkish IT Documentation Project

Avid, don't you use any firewall on your machine?

...I've heard rumors....shhh..

What I've heard is that both the client and server of Sub7 are infected with a trojan. The server.exe obviously being one backdoor, and the client being a second backdoor that mobman (the creator), installed for his own malacious purposes...
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

.... i dont know aboout those rumors ... what i've read in a site was that there is a key to unlock any sub7 password..... and that the key was created from mobman itself.... although i found smtg that looked like the key , it never worked to password protected servers ..... and about firewalls..... i used to have Black Ice but the last year i use Zonelarm.... its good and it always ask for permission to let a program access the net .....including Sub7

It's proven in old versions of Sub7 that a master key exists.
    Even once I got curious about that and tried to reverse the trojan on my own with the help of SoftIce (the great debugger) and saw that there was really a master key however mobman had done too much coding to hide it...
    Then someone whispered the reversing secret around and mobman had to change it or play some other trick on the next versions.
    Well perhaðs I was not the first and only one who found that trick actually. Trojans are lame. But if you really need to use one, then code your own trojan...
    Try, Fail but Do iT at last!
    ASA The ZeroTimeR
    The Turkish IT Documentation Project

I agree with preacherman and webcarnage. You may be getting into something that you can't get out of. I have also heard a rumor (from AO, matter of fact) that SubSeven has a logic bomb embedded. True or not, you'd be wise to not use such a program...the existence of a backdoor in the program itself is apparent, and i'd do the same if i were to write such a program (just being honest). Steer away from SubSeven and such readily available invasion tools...besides, most informed users are ready to respond very angrily and judiciously if their screen suddenly flips upside-down, as this is one of the many foolish things that S7 does...
    Beware.

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Of course i do unleashed.And dont be fooled by those niether i've ran across
    downloads for zapping norton anti virus and zone alarm.
    Im using hardware software combination firewalls and was looking for a third
    until the one firewall post oi read made me settle for what i have.