DSL Suggestions

Thread: DSL Suggestions

Banned

DSL Suggestions

Ok, Here's the problem.... Im thinking of getting 1.5MB DSL (I currently have 768k) Im stuck between two providers, DirectTV (http://www.directtvdsl.com) and Verizon (http://www.verizon.com)... Verizon has better reliability as it is my phone company and it has better connection speeds (Im about 2 miles away from the Central office)... Im in New York City, If anyone has ANY suggestions just post them here or PM me

All depends on how far away you are from the hub...ADSL signals degrade depending on distance, as you know...the closer the better...call your prospective IP's and find out what the active speed is based on your location is...
    Talk to a tech-support person(vs. a salesperson)...they rarely lie to you

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

I'm about 1.5 miles from the CO and have a 1.5MB connection from Verizon. It works great and I like it alot.. A friend of my has a connection from direct Tv and the only prob. he has with it is this. when he types something in the address bar or clicks a link there is about a 3 sec. lag time before the page starts to load. Once the page is loading the speed is good...

Banned
    Thats good, Ill probably go with Verizon 59$ a month isnt that expensive for 1.5 MB a sec, BTW Crusty_J, What is your average downstream speed?

they knows a supplier DSL free?

ac1d>>obviously avg speed depends on the site and on the download, but i just got a 1.8MB file from download.com in about 45sec..... I'd say that's pretty close to typical..