Thread: Default share password.

Default share password.

I have connected to a remote computer using netbios null session. (net use \\IP\IPC$ "" /u:"" )

After that I've tried to map C$ of the remote computer which had been set as default share as my local drive.(net use * \\IP\C$ )

But when I tried to do this, it asked me the password even though the remote user didn't set any password. I think this is because there is a default password for this. If I am right, does anybody know the default password of windows2000 ?

AO French Antique News Whore
    The Login is Administrator and the password is the Admin Pass. If your Win2000 machine is on a domain, only the login Administrator will work. If you have a user in the group administrator, he'll not work. Only the Administrator password can open the C$ and Winnt$ Share..

If your machine is not in a domaine, then only the admin on the machine can open those two share.

Hope it help/
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Thank you, SDK!
    The remote computer is not in a domain but in a workgroup. And this guy didn't set the Administrator password when he installed Windows2000, i.e. he left the password section blank. Shouldn't there be any default password in this case?