AOL Users

Thread: AOL Users

AOL Users

My friend has given me a challenge to somehow get in to his computer. I have done lot's of reseach on that, and have gotten pretty close. First off, one way I gained his ip was I sent him a file thru msn messenger, and did a DOS command: netstat -n . It gave me an ip, in which I looked up with a whois ip locator. The results told that it was with AOL, meaning it was AOL's ip or something like that.(sorry I can't explain it better - I am a newbie.) If that is the case, that means I will never be able to get his real IP, in which I do need to use a trojan like Sub7 or Bo2k. Or can I? Any suggestions or knowledge of this? Thanks.
    He also has a firewall. Not sure if he uses a proxy server.

- sampsonsa

So you got his IP with netstat, found out it was AOL, and now you don't know what his "real" IP is? Uh. That is his real IP if you did the netstat command right. Something tells me you need to learn the basics of TCP/IP before you attempt to do any 1337 hacking with trojans. Might I suggest you read http://hackingtruths.box.sk/ip.htm by Ankit Fadia. You should have a better understanding of Internet Protocol if you do.

First of all u should try on ur own home network (if u have), but if u don't have, i don't know. Tell a friend of yours to let u practise on his PC.

Also AOL is non portable I'm sure you saw that when you did the look up. Resolution is right that was his IP but since AOL is non portable you are going to be unable to do some of the cool things. Usually a Victim that uses AOL needs to be running a service on his machine for a hacker to actually do anything. Now you will have to read about TCP/IP and try learning about AOL handshaking it might help you out. Google holds alot of information.

Originally posted here by freeOn
    Usually a Victim that uses AOL needs to be running a service on his machine for a hacker to actually do anything.
    Funny how that works, eh?...that's one reason to appreciate dial-up connections...

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Thanks for the help and the link. I will continue to read about that stuff. But if I can, I'm going to skip ahead a step and ask this to anyone who would know: once I do acquire his ip, and then do an ip scan to find open ports; what if there are none open? and what ports need to be open? If they are closed, is there anyway to open them, like force them open? And the last thing, what is the difference between port scanners and ip scanners. My port scanner just told of ports that were ACTIVE. But I heard that ip scanners tell you what ports are OPEN. Thanks for the help guys. Appreciate it.

- sampsonsa

If your friend is using a decent firewall his ports should be stealthed. That is, they won't show up on your scan as open or closed. His machine won't show up at all on your scan. I think even if you do find an open port that doesn't necessarily mean you can get inside. He would have to be running a service (or program) on the port that you could find a security hole (or exploit) in. I'm not familiar with the term "active ports." Are you sure it doesn't say "active host"? When you do a port scan and you find an "active host" that means there's an active computer running. I may be wrong, but I think that an "IP scan" refers to what you do when you scan a range of IP addresses to determine active hosts. A single computer should only have one IP address I think. If his ports are closed and/or stealthed, one option would be to e-mail him a trojan like sub7, but if he's issued you a challenge he might be expecting something like that. And I wouldn't mess with sub7 anyway. There are ways to crash firewalls I think, but I don't know them. And I wouldn't tell if I did. Please don't take offense. But people have been known to come to AntiOnline looking for information to use for less than honorable purposes.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

. .continued

Ya, I bet they are stealthed, becuase I did an "IP scan" (it supposedly finds open ports), and it didn't show any. BUT, when I did a PORT scan, it said stuff like, "port #23 is active" etc. I can email it to him, and I'm going to try to disguise it using Silk Rope, but there is still a problem, I have done it, I sent him Sub7 server, he got it fine, but when I tried to connect to his "supposed ip address and the default subseven port number, which is 1243, it would not connect. This may have been his firewall. He did say that when I tried to connect, his firewall alarmned him that there was an intruder trying to get in , and even gave him my ip. Well, I know that some parts of subseven worked, becuase it did send me an ICQ message telling me his ip.

PS - I have used sub7 succesfully on my other computer, since I have two phone lines, and desktop and laptop, and it worked fine. I emailed myself the file, and opened it on the other computer. It connected very fast, and did it with the default port number 1243.

- sampsonsa