yahoo reintroduces spam

Thread: yahoo reintroduces spam

yahoo reintroduces spam

send to me by a fellow yahoo'er...

Yahoo has just made a sneaky change to everybody's 'Marketing Preferences', the result of which will be a load of spam. To change them back here's what you need to do to avoid all the ads. Go to My Groups and click on Account Info, verify your password if it asks you to, and your Yahoo ID card comes up. Click on 'Edit your Marketing Preferences' and change all those Yes's back to No's! Click Save Changes.

Don't forget the address and phone number at the bottom of that list too or they will call or mail you things. (not that i'd give them any real info)

(Note that this applies to Yahoo e-mail accounts as well. Go to Privacy Policy at the bottom of the page, and click Marketing Preferences.)

Great more spam just what the world needs.
    Its not software piracy. Iím just making multiple off site backups.

Not only that....yesterday I went to sign up for another free anonymous account with yahoo (as you do). Everything went fine up untill the last part of registration.

No matter how many times I clicked on the "submit" button it just kept taking me to the "Sign up for a premium account" page over and over and over. A premium account costs US $19.95...IMHO Yahoo have crossed the line....

Another sore point- After April 24th you'll no longer be able to use your favourite mail client when retrieving Yahoo mail. That is, unless you pay for a premium account....

yikes.. they are getting annoying to the point where folks will certainly turn elsewhere.
    I found a link to this info which includes this nugget..

In addition to creating a single privacy policy, Yahoo told users it made other changes, too. It will now reserve the right to share private information about users it suspects of criminal activity and also said it reserves the right to share information in the event the company is sold.
    http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,91984,00.asp

"it suspects"
    so now i figure they will have their own yahoo police,judge and jury

Originally posted here by sumdumguy
    yikes.. they are getting annoying to the point where folks will certainly turn elsewhere.

Exactly. It's very anti social behaviour......

Yahoo will be the first to complain when every script kiddie in the world aims their DoS tools at www.yahoo.com...............