I ran SEVEN tests on my PC last night using EIGHT different firewalls, and this is what I came up with. ). I'm using TWO firewalls:

Agnitum Outpost Pro
(set up to let allow my most common applications access to the net)

Sygate Personal Pro
(set up to ask me whenever any application wants to access the net, including Internet Explorer)

Then I also have Trojan Remover and The Cleaner 3 installed, and they regularly check my machine for Trojans and other programs, and also scan for changes to programs that I already have installed.

These are the tests I ran on my PC:

pcAudit
GRC Leak Test
GRC Port Scan
Too Leaky
PC Flank Port Scan
Fire Hole
Outbound

pcAudit is probably the best Trojan simulator test to try, because it's ultra sneaky. This is how my system works to stop it:

pcAudit hijacks other programs, the ones that you allow to access the net (even the firewall itself), to send your info to their website. Well, what I did was restrict the number of applications that I allow to use the net on Agnitum Outpost Pro (and even then they're only partly trusted). Then I set up Sygate so that it asks me for permission before anything goes out. So what happens is that when I turn on pcAudit I get this strange message from Outpost Pro saying Windows Explorer wants to access the net. I have to then ask myself why? I didn't initiate this. Then why is information trying to leak out? Obviously something's wrong. So I say no. Ok, so then a moment later I get a message from Sygate saying that Internet Explorer wants to access the net. But why? I didn't initiate this either. So I say no again. Ok, so then pcAudit just says "Your PC is well protected" and turns off. Voila. The system passes the test. Outpost and Sygate are the only two firewalls I tested that pcAudit can't hijack for some reason.