Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What do you guys think of this? Be honest...

i m gone,thx everyone for so much fun and good info.
    cheers and good bye

Uhm,

Malicious Web Page Demos: were blocked by my UFP sevrer, titghly integrated into a *real* firewall aka CPNG and another kick ass solution known as SSSG;

Scrap Files - Hidden File Extensions: Linux?;

Malicious File Attachment Demos: Receive as E-mail Attachment: That's why I got a CVP server, a CVP server for those who don't happen to know is an AV over IP security solution that -also- tightly integrates into CP thru simple resources;

So, my one and only REAL FW does better than your solution for a fraction of the system load, you know why? cuz it was built by security freaks for security freaks, installing 3 FWs on top of each other is just a system resouce hog no more, can't even consider it to solve any real security issues. Most of those FWs don't even bind to the interface's IP stack so packet based attacks like just pass thru it without any troubles, plus since when did these boxes do stateful inspection to undertsand wtf is actually going on?

The verdict?
    Well, there are some solutions out there that cost a bit more but actually provide a lot more than having 3 FWs installed on the same box, plus, if your system cries from 3FWs, what would it do with an AV, IDS, VPN client-server, Auth demon and a small webserver do?

Bah,
    etsh911

Cya invict

I agree total on your post,but the majority of the users has limited funds and knowledge so their is no way they will even come close to a tight security you ve just told.
    cheers and good bye

Kadeng.

Nothing is 100% secure, so no a virus scanner can not detect EVERY virus/trojan, but it will do a whole lot better than a personal firewall.

The key is to weigh the risk and determine what level of protection you need. Everything outside of that is simply a waste.

I am done arguing with you. You have already proven yourself to be a moron, and I am not going to waste any more of my time. (same concept you should follow...it is important to know when enough is enough...just like using multiple personal firewalls)

ciao

Moron? boy
    cheers and good bye

Originally posted here by kadeng
    Test this

http://www.finjan.com/mcrc/sec_test.cfm
    I tried it, but my Finjan SurfinShield blocked the active content

ah poo... what about just using the firewall provided with XP. anybody have any problems with it?

ah poo... what about just using the firewall provided with XP. anybody have any problems with it?
    Configuration.

From what I know, you can't configure anything with it. It does not really inform you about anything that is happening. It doesn't ask you whether something should be allowed to access the internet.

I don't really know too much about it and how effective it is, but I use Sygate - I like to know what is happening and which programs are using my internet connection.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester