Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Editing Software

Question Video Editing Software

Does anyone know a profesional video editing program. Winblows XP movie maker SUCKS.

Ulead makes a pretty good one. Then there's always Premiere.

use www.google.com
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Thnx man, Google it is.

Premiere + AfterEffects are great...and just saw on adobe's site...you can get

Adobe Premiere® 6.0, After Effects® 5.5, Photoshop® 6.0, and Illustrator® 10. all for $1200 usd as a bundle...plus you get a free upgrade to Photoshop 7 when it's released...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Do you think I'm going to BUY all that? I do, I really do buy all my warez..... espescially the expensive ones.
    Bleh.

you asked for professional editing software...

professionals don't use warez...we buy software...it keeps the companies that make the programs that we like in business...funny how that is...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Yeah but rape is still rape. Ya know? I've always thought Adobe gouged on prices, but you've got a point Zigar, if no one 'buys' the software then the company will go out of business.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

professionals don't use warez...we buy software...
    I agree, but the crackers keep the security guys in bussines and viseversa. When a program is cracked, the company is searching for better security software. When I buy software, there's only a small portion of money contributed to the company. So I think it won't be of any use to buy, and the problem is that most people think this way. The only way to solve this problem is to convince all those people at once that buying is the best thing to do. And that can't be done.

well..i hate paying big bucks for things too...but ...i look at it this way...

if you are a "professional" in this case...you are going to use video editing software to "make a living"...then a couple grand for "the tools" isn't unreasonable...and i've been there done that with illegal software...(got my first virus ever from pagemaker 1.0 for windows which a friend bought for me in the philippines for 20 bucks...)..but i've come to the conclusion that..tech support/documentation and all that are way more important for a pro than the initial cost...

besides....talk to a mechanic about how much his tools cost...i'm a musician...i have prob have 20g's worth of gear...(and i'm only part time at that...hehe)

few people think twice when it comes to laying out a couple of grand for hardware...because it's tangible...software...well it's the whole intellectual property thing...

and really..the bundle i mentioned...300 bucks a piece for the 4 top of the line graphics progs isn't gouging..at least i don't see it that way...

Hardware I always buy, because I simply want quality, but software?
    If you are a professional you can afford it. Definatly when you work for a company.
    Bleh.