Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Banned...

My under standing is that with most online games they ban you by your cd key not you ip address. Example lets say you get banned from battle net for Diablo 2 you have to buy another copy so you have a different cd-key and there for get a new account. You must have been acting like a real ass for some on to take time to ban you.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

A lot of online games will suspend or disable your account. Games like DAoC and EQ require a subscription-based account and will squash the account for lude conduct, etc. In these cases you have to buy a new CD and generate a new account.

My 2 cents

Talking ???

moo.....I just wanted to add something

sorry
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

Sorry...had to laugh at the response of k900. Changing NIC card to get a new IP address. Nothing personal to k900 at all.

What exactly must one do to get banned from an online game? And how, exactly, did that post make it into a miscellaneous security discussion?

Pardon me while I scratch my head to try to figure that out. But I agree with P2P...take responsibility for your actions and admit your stupidity.
    \"No matter where you go,
    there you are.\"