Thread: Having problems with my sound driver

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man

Having problems with my sound driver

I am trying to get my girlfreinds computer up and running and of course its a hand me down from the win 95 days. When I first got my hands on it, she was running Internet Explorer 2.0.
    Anyways,many hours later I ran into a problem I am not too sure on. Her sound device isn't working properly. She has a Creative AW32 PnP but I am missing a few files.Direct driver is what was missing, I tried the cabs folder. But, nothing.

By the way I have tried the obviouse google search engien, among others.... Any way a direct link would help.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

http://www.driverguide.com

at the password prompt

username: drivers

password : all

Sorry password prompt after you click logon.
    G'luck

If it's a Sound Blaster AWE32 ISA card here:
    http://www.americas.creative.com/sup...asp?centric=13
    Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far. - Theodore Roosevelt

which specific driver ? file ?
    remember directx has updates for sound as well. sounds like an old win95 machine should
    have this as well as many others updates.. i.e. msdun1.3 dialupnetworking, winsock2
    i usually download (various proggies/updates) from www.hotfiles.com (zdnet/downloads)
    If the box has enough memory and is faster than a 486/66, you should try to put w98se
    on it..
    feel free to pm me with any questions about restoring antiques.. or getting the software
    needed to get it into shape..

I say just back up everything and start over with windows 98 SE, I have few problems with it but everyone's got their own story. I've used 98 SE on machines as old as a Pentium 90 with 16 MBs of RAM.

try soundblaster.com

and more importantly...make sure you UNinstall the card before you try to REinstall it...i'd even go as far as removing the card from the box, restarting, uninstalling and starting from scratch...maybe even doin a registry clean up.....drivers and win9x can be a nightmare....
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson