Thread: ckp install

Red face ckp install

did another ckp 41 install today. Odd, the fw putlic string wouldn't take right away. Oh well. spk'd 5 and now the fun begins again...

Have not installed ng yet but hear it is better (easier?) to install. Thinking about a sofaware version. Wonder when ckp is planning to release the next version. Went to a seminar on ckp with many partners there and the trend seems to be toward hardened appliances sporting ckp with ability to also host (hardcard) other apps in the "blades" or these units.

Nokia seems to be leading this charge. What do you think?
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

What OS are you runnig CP on?

I have had a little experience with NG, and there are a lot of things I really like about it. There are several things that make life a little easier than v4.1.

The network I am currently supporting uses Nokia IP650 appliances and I think that they are about the best platform out for the FW-1 gateways. I like to run the management console on Solaris. But, I have been using the Nokia boxes for several years, and I am not sure I could recommend anything else, except maybe the intrusion.com appliaces on linux.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

right now all ours (in this division) are on solaris. Got an ng mgmt console to play with.
    Looks good and I like the network picture that forms as you add rules.
    I may have to agree with you on the nokia, it stood out from the other six or seven vendor platforms, (intrusion was there too) and the worldwide support of nokia is strong.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Back in an old job, we were running some pretty beefy Sun boxes (multi-processor E450s) that were pretty easy to tank under decent load (30k to 45k simultaneous connections). We later replaced the thing with a reasonably sized Nokia appliance (apologies - memory fades on the model/size/etc). Simply put, however, it blew the doors off the Sun box... literally no real comparison in terms of speed (same management box, etc)
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"