Locked out of AIM... anyway to get my password back?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Locked out of AIM... anyway to get my password back?

Unhappy Locked out of AIM... anyway to get my password back?

I recently changed my password because it was being used by other people... but then I reinstalled windows and forgot my password (it was autosaved on the computer before the reinstallation).

I tried to have AOL's lost password site send my password to my e-mail but it just says "Error: please check screen name and try again". Is there any way I can get my password back? Or maybe just get my buddylist from the AOL server back?

HELP!

THIS IS FOR AOL INSTANT MESSENGER, NOT AOL!

Hmm...sound fishy, bud.

First of all, we're not easily fooled, so turn back now if you're trying to do so.

Second of all, you have the numbers to your account. When you orginally got AIM, you should have also gotten account numbers, billing information, etc. etc. Call AOL, tell them all the numbers, and tell them you forgot the password. NO, they will not tell you or look for you. NO, they will not tell anyone, YES, they will RESET the current password to something and tell you what that something is, and then you can change it as desired.
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]

no no... you guys got it wrong, I'm talking about AOL Instant Messenger, NOT AOL.

There's over the phone no tech support or anything for AOL Instant Messenger. I need to somehow get my old SN back, I'm locked out as of now.

I don't have it all wrong at all...I just know when someone is lying and when someone is not...and in this case, it's pretty evident that you are. If you are not, then sorry, but you're SOL. Make another SN.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    yep... Change your SN to friedrice4u2 and tell all your peeps..

when he reinstaled windows wouldn't it have erased the pwl file anyway?
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

Muc: Yeh, that is what he is saying happened. And, this is definitely possible, but I just don't buy it.

Guys,
    He's probably NOT lying....there IS an Exploit out for just what he's saying called AIMThief (I know, I was a victim). In any case the only option you have is to get a new SN

no..if he saved his AIM password to his hard drive he could use one of the many programs to recover the password, u can do this remotley too.
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,