Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ip

Question Ip

Hei...

I have a liitle question about IP,
    1. how to know our Ip?,for information currently I am using XP and 98.. I forget how to find it out
    2. can we change/arrange our own IP, and how to do it ?, for internet I'm using dial up.

thanks for the replies,
    I am newbie who want to be programmer (~6~)

ip

go to a dos prompt and type ipconfig.

in 98 you can just run winipcfg, but I don't think it works in XP, and I don't know the short way to find it in 2k/xp other than just hopping into dos...heck, i'm a dos junkie, hehe.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    To find out your ip address go to Start --> Run--> and type winipcfg. That should work for both although I haven't used XP so I can't say that for 100%

As for changing it, choose release all and renew all.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

with a dial up account your IP will almost always be assigned by your ISP..

u r using 98 also right
    goto start menu
    choose run
    type winipcfg to know your ip..
    since you are using a dialup you will be assigned an ip automatically by your isp
    it changes everytime you log on(dynamic). About assigning your own ip
    try to get some info on setting up proxy.
    Attitude is a small thing that makes a BIG difference.

Your ISP will more than likely use a DHCP server to allocate your "dynamic" IP address. Dynamic (changing) as opposed to static.
    SoggyBottom.

[glowpurple]There were so many fewer questions when the stars where still just the holes to heaven - JJ[/glowpurple] [gloworange]I sure could use a vacation from this bull$hit, three ringed circus side show of freaks. - Tool. [/gloworange]

ipconfig works for xp too but by now u probley already found that out
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

You can't change your IP (the one that was assigned to you in your connection to your ISP), but you may spoof it. Make it look different than actually it is to the targeted service.
    You may do it legally with proxies and sometimes illegally with spoofing (the 3 way handshake spoofs (blind spoof), etc.).
    As they said above, your IP will be dynamic but sometimes you may do some tricks to get the same IP when you connect to your ISP, actually that depends on your ISP's security configurations...
    Try, Fail but Do iT at last!
    ASA The ZeroTimeR
    The Turkish IT Documentation Project

XP ipconfig /all will reveal your IP address. If there is an issue with the current ip try ipconfig /release...and ipconfig /renew the switch should be explanation enough, as Jezter6 had mentioned.