where is the IT world going next?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where is the IT world going next?

where is the IT world going next?

Are all the lost jobs coming back? Will the industry recover and continue to add more. It makes you think, since the startups have mostly failed and the big boys are suffering some. Maybe there will be some new wonder product that will stimulate the world economy and get everyone back on their feet again.
    your comments?
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Banned
    I dont know...I just want a job where i'm able to bring my nerf gun into work someday soon.

What lost jobs, OK the millenium bug was not all we hoped from it but I heard that since sept. last year the IT jobs are increasing rather then decreasing.

If U ask me, there will be a growing need...

But a need for real ITers, not Microsoft Patchers.....
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I think the Industry as a whole is slowly starting to bounce back. What I am hoping for is more focus on security by the Industry and by Management (whoever they are). I find that there is still a lack of attention to this and it will get worse before it gets better.

But that's just me.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I think we should return to an all paper society. down with computers. Down with electricty in general. Long live the candle. Whos with me?
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Banned
    I am my amish friend. My candle fell in my neckbeard and then into the butter i was churning. Down with candles too.

mgmt is slowlying starting to wake up to the issues on security but sadly, most of their budgets have dried up in the last year.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

I'll be done collage next year so hopefully I can start looking for a job while the IT industry is on the up swing.
    Its not software piracy. Iím just making multiple off site backups.

soulman i am with you all the way
    Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.....

Are all the lost jobs coming back? Will the industry recover and continue to add more. It makes you think, since the startups have mostly failed and the big boys are suffering some. Maybe there will be some new wonder product that will stimulate the world economy and get everyone back on their feet again.
    your comments?
    Where I live there is plenty of IT work that needs doing but no one is prepared to pay for it. I think that this is the case in a lot of other places as well. There are a number of reasons for this. In my opinion, one of them is the fact that a lot of companies (even some of the large ones) are not taking enough responsibility for their actions.

It is not ethical to release software that doesn't perform to the satisfaction of the customer. It does not matter if the software is a simple mail client or an entire operating system. IT professionals must start taking responsibility for their actions if IT is to be recognised as a profession on par with, say, law or medicine. If a doctor makes a mistake, issues the wrong medication and makes a person ill for example, he/she is accountable for their actions. There are procedures in place so that person can be counselled and future mistakes of this kind can be minimised. Why should IT professionals be treated any differently?

I am not suggesting that the ethical conduct of people in the IT industry is the sole reason for the lack of employment oportunities in IT. But this is a contributing factor. If clients could be reasonably sure that the products they cough up the money for are going to be of a high quality, perhaps there would be less hesitancy to employ more IT workers?
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.