Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New search engine..

New search engine..

Here's a new and relatively unknown search engine i just found yesterday...

www.teoma.com

Teoma provides better results because it goes beyond traditional page ranking methods to determine authority, in addition to relevancy. To determine the authority or quality of a site's content, Teoma uses Subject-Specific PopularitySM. Subject-Specific Popularity ranks a site based on the number of same-subject pages that reference it, not just general popularity, to determine a site's level of authority.

it consistently ranks my web site in the top 3....so i'm thinking it must be good...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Quite good... thanks

Banned
    zigar, What is your URL?
    I wanna check out your website

TechieChick
    Looks good! Thanks for sharing zigar.

At the bottom of the about page in very faint grey you see this... © Ask Jeeves, Inc. 2002

I never did use ask jeeves, the rebranding themselves or something?

...um...posting my successful ecomm site on a site frequented at times by skiddiots and also some very talented folks who'd like to have a go...nahhhh...my site security is good...but thats just asking for trouble....heheh...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Ask Jeeves Acquires Teoma Technologies, Inc., Adding One of the Most Advanced Search Technologies to Its Portfolio of Consumer and Syndicated Search Products
    http://www.irconnect.com/askj/pages/....mhtml?d=20309

TechieChick
    woooooooooo...that's a lot of cash....so I guess there still is money to be made on the internet, eh?

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Common zigar, you know you want to give out your url
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Banned
    The third one doesnt work... I think the server is down