Thread: no more ideas...

Unhappy no more ideas...

OK I searched google.com I then found linmodems.org and I could not find me a driver that would make my winmodem work on linux...so I searched around some more on google.com found some more data bases of modems that would work on linux, and couldn't find anything. So I come befor you all too ask if for a Conexant HCF v90 56k Data Fax PCI modem is there any way to get linux to reconize it or get on-line w/ it on linux? If any one has this modem and has found a way please let me know. I know I can just go out and buy a "real" modem but money is a lil tight right now and I would like to find a way to get the modem I have now workin. I am open to any sugestions or if I missed something please let me know...thanks for any help
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

Sometimes you can get certain WinModems to work under Linux. However there are so many variants of the same chipset made by different manifactureres. That it becomes impractible to even fool with. I tried it forever with my dual boot Mandrake/XP Pro machine. I have a cable connection on a router but still use my modem for backup and faxing. So I went and got an external hardware serial modem and have had no problems since. So for the time, expense and agrevation that you put into a winmodem. You can get a resonable external h/w modem.

Hope this helps....
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

thanks I have linux/xp on the same box too so I think I will end up just having to buy a external modem
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,