Working
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Working

Working

The place where I work has regulations that you have to be straight. What do you think about that?

Sounds a bit twisted to me.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Strait as in not gay I presume is what you mean. Well, I'm not gay, but if I was I would be pretty pissed. BTW its also illegal to discriminate aginst it.

Banned
    probably should be in cosmos but i could be wrong
    well thats pretty unfair and im sure jp has to agree with me we all have our sexual preferences and i think their are laws against its just like the whole black vs white thing thats like saying only white people can work here ? what type of place is it a school mabey? but i think gay ppl will work better than straights cause we spend way to much time perving on chicks but then again they might spend all their time perving on the guys who knows
    RiOtEr

Don't think that's legal is it?
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

That is totally illegal dude...I'd turn 'em in.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Taken from www.findlaw.com

Discrimination
    There is no federal law prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation, nor is there one in 39 states although President Clinton issued an executive order in 1998 prohibiting such discrimination in the federal civilian workforce.
    The Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) which sought to add sexual orientation to categories such as race, sex and religion already covered by employment rights protection, has never reached a vote in the House, where the Republican leadership opposes the proposal. In the Senate, the legislation lost by one vote in 1996.

The U.S. Court of Appeals in San Francisco recently ruled that federal law prohibited discrimination against transgendered people.
    I think the law may have changed since 1998, but this is all I could find.

Flash M0nkey
    thats just wrong just cause someone is gay doesn't mean they ain't as good a worker as a straight person! What about bi peps? they only allowed lower level jobs?
    If there isn't a law against that there should be!

v_Ln

Thank you for your opinions. You will be seeing alot of me from now on.

TechieChick
    I'm sorry that your employer behaves in this manner. You need to make a stink about it if possible. I would keep an eye on the local paper, find a reporter that you like his/her style and alert them to these issues. You can do this anonymously and as long as you provide proof (internal memo for instance) I'm sure the local press would be all over the story.

Nothing like some bad advertising to wake up management and make them aware of the financial fallout.