New Type of DDoS

Thread: New Type of DDoS

New Type of DDoS

Has anyone read Steve Gibson's account of the new type of Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack that his company (grc.com) suffered back in February 2002?

Kind of an interesting document on a new type of attack. I read it earlier today, and cannot recall the exact name given to the type of attack. Distributed Reflected Denial of Service (DRDoS), I believe.

I can post the link to the document tomorrow if there are any interested parties.
    \"No matter where you go,
    there you are.\"

I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Banned
    Cute, Zigar....

Thanks Zigar.
    Seeing as how I didn't join until mid-March, it would have been difficult for me to view that thread.
    there you are.\"

Seeing as how I didn't join until mid-March, it would have been difficult for me to view that thread.

nah...there's this thing we've got here...it's called the archives...and there's this neat thingie..it's called search....you'll be amazed at what you can find...

I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Okay, okay - you got me.

I did say "difficult," not "impossible." The post was an attempt to initiate conversations among other members, to see how many are aware of this type of attack.

:-|
    there you are.\"