Few questions?

Thread: Few questions?

Banned

Few questions?

I have a few questions:

1) would you choose Lindows, Xandros Desktop OS, or Windows (all versions), or Sun (whatever OS they make seem too advanced), or Redhat (every1's favourite), or FreeBSD, or anyother Opensource OSs?

2) Which Anti-virus is da best? Mcafee, Norton, Kaspersky, Trend Micro, others?

3) Which is the best firewall (or combination)? BlackICE PC Protection (Hello? New version 3.5 includes advanded app. control, not just the stuipd old one, using it before commenting that it's dump), or Kerio Personal Firewall (basically what TPF became), or Mcafee Firewall (dame, they brought Conseal), Norton (that make **** out of AtGuard, made it wrost), AtGuard orginal (too many security flaws for now-days), or others ?

4) Which is da best multi-chat client? Trillian, or others?

5) Which is da best music sharing software? Morpheus (old/new), Kazaa (ew... spies), BearShare (worst peice of crap ever), IMesh (server sucked at once and it now suck more), AudioGalaxy (da best MP3 thing on earth), or others?

6) Which is da best browser? Netscape Communicator, Netscape 6, IE 5.01 (SP1/2), IE 5.5 (SP1/2), IE6, Opera, NeoPlanet, Mozilla, or others?

Just a survery, can put them all using the survey feature...

The Iceman Cometh
    Before you get flamed by other people a quick tip: search the archives before you make a post like this. Below are a few links to pages where some of your questions have been addressed. Anything else you're looking for has probably also been addressed in other threads, but you can search for those yourself.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...AntiOnline+FAQ
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...AntiOnline+FAQ

AJ

Banned
    Here are my personal opinions.....

1) Linux is better, Windows has more programs...... (and games )

2) McAfee.... Norton crashes too often to my liking

3) I'd say BlackICE because of it's features, but for cost purposes, ZoneAlarm (not Pro)

4) Been using ICQ since way back, as well as mIRC

5) Never heard of AudioGalaxy..... gotta check that out.... Morpheus doesn't work (old version) and you have to pay for the new one.... I use KaZaA but don't share files (the whole spy thing)

6) I've been hearing about Opera, but, I am using IE....

Hope that tells you something.....

Note that "best" is completely meaningless. It's just an opinon and every person's opinion is as valid as the next person's.

1) would you choose Lindows, Xandros Desktop OS, or Windows (all versions), or Sun (whatever OS they make seem too advanced), or Redhat (every1's favourite), or FreeBSD, or anyother Opensource OSs?
    Windows GUI's are still the nicest IMHO. Shame about the rest of the OS . Mandrake Linux is really growing on me at the moment.

2) Which Anti-virus is da best? Mcafee, Norton, Kaspersky, Trend Micro, others?
    I've only used Norton and it's done the job for me so far.

3) Which is the best firewall (or combination)? BlackICE PC Protection (Hello? New version 3.5 includes advanded app. control, not just the stuipd old one, using it before commenting that it's dump), or Kerio Personal Firewall (basically what TPF became), or Mcafee Firewall (dame, they brought Conseal), Norton (that make **** out of AtGuard, made it wrost), AtGuard orginal (too many security flaws for now-days), or others ?
    ipchains.

4) Which is da best multi-chat client? Trillian, or others?
    The all-singing-all-dancing IRC.

5) Which is da best music sharing software? Morpheus (old/new), Kazaa (ew... spies), BearShare (worst peice of crap ever), IMesh (server sucked at once and it now suck more), AudioGalaxy (da best MP3 thing on earth), or others?
    It's called FTP.

6) Which is da best browser? Netscape Communicator, Netscape 6, IE 5.01 (SP1/2), IE 5.5 (SP1/2), IE6, Opera, NeoPlanet, Mozilla, or others?
    Winblows = IE, Linux = Mozilla
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

AntiOnline Senior Member
    1) Windows for games, Linux for stability and servers.
    2) Mcafee, IMO.
    3) I like ZoneAlarm for windows, but IP chains for linux is far superior to windows firewalls. Black ICE is full of holes.
    4) Don't use multi-chat clients
    5) I like SongSpy. http://www.songspy.com/
    6) Windows - IE. Linux - Opera.

Of course these are all my opinions.
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]