Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: antipoints again

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I saw a gold dot thread like 6 months ago, and I think that was actually before Dr. Toker ever posted here, so......
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

The only real drawback from implementing rioter's idea would be that it would give a greater indication of who gave the points, which is something that is not desired. The AP (Antipoint Pimp) users can give a hell of a lot of antipoints... so you could see when one of the big hording members has given you points, even if they wished to remain anonymous...

It again brings to question the antipoints wars that we wish to avoid.. if someone gets -30 points, they are going to know it was one of the senior members, and they will most likely post abusing the whole group, as they don't know specifically who did it..
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

I like the way that the Antipoint system is at the moment, but I feel iot could be improved upon;
    4 x-ample....a small graph would be cool, showing at what times you give out the most point's, and also the gold dot's sound's cool.....
    Krop: I side with you, I'd really like 2 know who I give point's out to, and also how mutch...
    - Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

btw Rioter...doesn't this sound a lot like this thread..... http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=221712

Oh yeah, sorry Dr Toker...it was your idea: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=222528
    think once you get 1,000 points you should get a 'Gold' point.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    -- souleman

Oh yeah, sorry Dr Toker...it was your idea: http://www.antionline.com/showthrea...threadid=222528
    But look at the post below Dr Toker's. It has a link to my suggestion and it was made like a week earlier then Dr Toker. Look at the dates.

My idea is here: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...940#post474940

Either way, it's funny how we both come up with the same idea at almost the same time!!

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Gee, hot_ice, your right.....maybe it was your idea...
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    -- souleman

And soloman called for his sword! With this sword we shall cleave the origanal idea in two.
    Half will go to Dr Toker and half will go to hot_ice.I like the gold anti for 1000.Some persons are already filling up the page with all the greenies
    Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.....

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    *Gives the idea to hot_ice
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

I'm ready for gold one. hehehe
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Banned
    Greetings All:

Well, I don't think it's necessary to show how many antipoints an assignment gave or took away from you. It could effect the anonymity of the system.

Thanks for the suggestion though.