Thread: Desireing to Learn More on good Defense

Post Desireing to Learn More on good Defense

I am really wanting to learn as much as i can in the defesive nature about keeping hackers and booters from being able to do their stuff. My main issue is just learning on the instant messengers like AIM and Yahoo. On yahoo messenger a certain person finds it rather easy to freeze me when im in chat even though the PM's are turned off. So somehow he is doing it with ease with a program that doesn't have to send a message to the attackee. If anyone could help me out in this area with learning new stuff about defense or getting a program that will not allow my messenger to freeze when he works his magic on me i would be most appreciate. Willing to help out in any way i can with your guys site, very good site for anti hackers and people wanting to teach the hackers a lesson. Wish you guys had some yahoo progs on your download list with the AIM and others but o well. Thanks for you guys time.

Thumbs up

What I found found that works the best is using a different chat program to connect to the chat server. Such as if MIRC 5.9 was able to be easly sploited and giveing remote access to the persons computer i would just switch to using a older version that did not have the part in it the 5.9 does that is sploitable, or use complete different companys software like.... pirch or snak or bitchx.

Try the same with AIM, their is that new program out i forget its name that connections to MANY different types of chat programs that i have seen is not vunerable to the basic AIM sploits.

i think it can connect to MSN and yahoo even maybe.

_NetSyN_
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Umm, you talking about trillian there netsyn? trillian connects to AIM, Yahoo, ICQ, and IRC. Maybe MSN also, but I can't remember that one.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

could you be refering to proteous?
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

thanks guys for the help, i need one of those that will support yahoo webcams mainly.

There is a free program out there called BitDefender ( http://www.bitdefender.com/html/freeware_products.php ) that may help you secure your P2P transfers, if that helps you out any...

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Well what im looking for is a messenger that wont get froze from his programs that i can get onto yahoo chat and view yahoo webcams with please