Does anyone know mid east solution?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know mid east solution?

Unhappy Does anyone know mid east solution?

I think it needs some new ideas. They are busy killing each other again. Who has some real solutions to the problem?

comments invited.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Gold Eagle...This isn't really an answer, but just a comment made to me by my son (who is six). He was watching the news the other morning, and he came in and told me that there were tanks in Bethlehem. He said "Mom they've been there all night long. Aren't their mommies worried cause they didn't come home? And what about a good night's sleep? They didn't get any if they were there all night!!"
    I had to laugh, but then I thought you know, it would be a pretty nice world if we all had that perspective on it...Okay, everybody put down your guns, cause your mom is worried, and you need to get a good night's sleep....lol.
    On a serious note, I don't know what the answer is, but I'm with you, we definitely need new ideas on how to make it stop.

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

How about a big wall? As Hawthorne (I think) said, "Good fences make good neighbors", and a fence never killed anyone...
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Read: Avishai Margalit, The Decent Society, Harvard University Press, Cambridge:MA, 1996
    There is no just solution for this conflict, only a decent one.

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    Here is the problem.

Muslims think that there religion is the one true religion. And if you read the Qu-ran you will notice that it says on numerouse occasions, how non-muslims are 'infidels' and desearve to die. Now, I dont know about you, but any religion that says you must die if you dont belive in it, is worse than The Church of Satan. I mean they worship themselves. And won't kill you if your not a Satanist.

Now, when I say Muslims I am not saying ALL Muslims, because I am sure some of them have a head and can understand that God is Love. Not suicide bombings, and violence. And even if God really wanted he non-muslim ppl to die, he would do it himself. C'mon, where is faith in God? If you really have faith, then you will let God do his workings. Not yourself.

Vengence is mine sayeth the Lord.

Solution: I think if ppl could relize that God IS God. And to place limitations on Him is obsurd.
    God created us with a choice for a reason. He wants us to worship him by choice, not at gun point.(IE the Taliban) If people could open their eyes and see that Christians 'essentually'
    worship the same God. Of course we have different veiw's. But the Almighty is a constant.
    Even the Jews worship God. Again with the difference of opinions but God none the less.
    If we as man kind could lose our self-rightiouse, acting FOR God, suicide bombing logic, I think we could be alot better off.

And personally I think that Satan is loving this. I mean think about it. Where Jesus was born there is now tanks. Killing, destroying. Bethleham is no-longer an inhabitable place. It has been declared a war zone. That is so sad. Blood being shed on "holy" ground. I dont think ANYBODY has the right to call this the "Holy" Land anymore. They have desecrated it with bloodshed. I dunno, the Palestenians seriously need to understand that terrorism leads to bombs on your house, and your home.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

The Bible teaches that as long as human hearts remain unchanged there will be continuing violence. We look for solutions to violence from without (government plans, negotiations,etc.) put the problem begins within, in the heart. I believe we must work for peace and try to be reconcilers (Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers for they will be called the children of God.") But at the same time we must realize that on God through His Spirit can change the human heart. Some people will choose to reject God. So the only true and lasting peace will come when Jesus Christ returns to Earth and sets up his own kingdom and reigns as "King of Kings and Lord of Lords." Until then there will be no real peace.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

I was in church last night and My preacherwas preaching a sermon about being "Good and Mad"....he eventually got around to telling how anger becomes hatred. And how hatred becomes bitterness through the generations. Muslims have been being corupted by hatred every since Abraham or Ibrahim left his son Ishmeal, the arab nation has hated the jews.
    Hearts must be change, I agree with preacher.....(big surprise huh)

THC/IP Version 4.2

Banned
    Originally posted by Dr Toker
    Here is the problem.
    Muslims think that there religion is the one true religion. And if you read the Qu-ran you will notice that it says on numerouse occasions, how non-muslims are 'infidels' and desearve to die.
    And Jewish/Christian/Buddhist/Hindu/whatever people don't think their religion is the one true religion?

There's one thing I hate more than people quoting the Bible, and that is people quoting The Koran...

Anyway, here we go again:

Yes, you can find quotes like [9.73] "O Prophet! Make war against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be merciless against them. Their home is hell, an evil refuge indeed." in the Koran. You can find the same stuff in the Bible.

Here's another quote for you...

The Koran
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

[109.1] Say: O unbelievers!
    [109.2] I do not serve that which you serve,
    [109.3] Nor do you serve Him Whom I serve:
    [109.4] Nor am I going to serve that which you serve,
    [109.5] Nor are you going to serve Him Whom I serve:
    [109.6] You shall have your religion and I shall have my religion.
    Originally posted by Dr Toker
    I dunno, the Palestenians seriously need to understand that terrorism leads to bombs on your house, and your home.
    And the Israelians need to understand that bombing someone's house leads to terrorism...
    It's a viscious circle, and God doesn't have much to do with it anymore (never has, if you ask me...)

Edit:

Originally posted by DrToker
    Muslims have been being corupted by hatred every since Abraham or Ibrahim left his son Ishmeal, the arab nation has hated the jews.
    Dr Toker: I didn't know enough about the conflict to go into discussion with any of you, so I've done some studying on the subject. Maybe you also did, but at least I tried to stick to the facts (you can find my 'study' here ). I still think I don't know enough about it to judge any of the parties (although I've made my mind up about who has my support - always prepared to discuss that in pm), and that's why I'm not gonna make statements like 'Israel is right because they are Jewish', or 'Palestine is right because they are Muslim'....

I hate to see threads like this always end up in 'We Christians will bring saviour, and all of you non-Christians are always wrong and will go to hell'...

I can't stand this. When ever I say something about God, or my faith I get a 'Negative' responce if you will.heheh.

I feel as thuoght all three of these religions are correct as far as who God is. They all worship the God of Abraham. I have never claimed to be a religious person. I hate religion. It causes wars and bloodshed. Religion was created by man. However i lean toward the Christian faith because I belive Jesus WAS the Christ. You will notice I am nothing like anyother Christian you will ever talk to.

I never said anything about everybody being wrong. the topic here was any new ideas for the middle east crisis. Here it is. Tolerance. If you don't wanna belive that Jesus died for you, thats fine. I can't make you belive that. If you don't wanna belive in Islam, thats fine. It's all about tolerance, and being secure in your faith even though ppl all around you feel differently.
    Respect, Love and kindness. And to quote DELSTAR Peace love unity and respect. This isnt possible with ppl running around bashing other religions. This won't werk with ppl having hatred in their hearts.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Thumbs up

Sadly, I think the only "answer" for the western nations
    is to break our dependence on oil (or produce our own),
    and to disengage from middle east politics.

We do not understand the people there. Our peace proposals
    are premature. Two warring parties will not accept peace
    until they are convinced that war has failed to achieve
    their goals. They will have to discover this by bitter
    experience, not by the preaching of western
    diplomats.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.