April 3rd, 2002, 06:33 PM
How to apologize...
here's what I just found on net... And when I read that I have to say that this is what I'm saying when something goes wrong with my program
So I post it for you to know what to say when a problem arises.
Top 20 Replies by Programmers when their programs don't work.
20. "That's Weird..."
19. "It's never done that before."
18. "It worked yesterday."
17. "How is that possible?"
16. "It must have a hardware problem."
15. "What did you type in wrong to get it to crash."
14. "There is something funky in your data"
13. "I haven't touched that module in weeks!"
12. "You must have wrong version."
11. "It's just some unlucky coincidence."
10. "I can't test everything!"
9. "THIS can't be the source of THAT."
8. "It works, but it's not been tested."
7. "Somebody must have changed my code."
6. "Did you check for a virus on your system?"
5. "Even though it doesn't work, how does it feel?
4. "You can't use that version on your system."
3. "Why do you want to do it that way?"
2. "Where were you when the program blew up?"
( You have to think like a user to get this one)
1. "I thought I fixed that."
more of this stuff at www.thefunnypages.org/computers/contents1.html
April 3rd, 2002, 06:47 PM
Haha... Kind of scary considering I have said 8 of those.
An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure...
April 3rd, 2002, 06:50 PM
Lol...at the bank I used to work for, when we called our software support, they always said it was the hardware....when we called the hardware support, they told us the exact same problem couldn't possibly be hardware, had to be software. I used up more than one 8 hour shift going back and forth with them.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
April 3rd, 2002, 06:58 PM
At one time or another I've said all of those except numbers 5 and 14.
I use 20 and 9 so many times a day its not funny, and whenever I have no idea what is happening I find numbers 16 and 11 very very convenient
If you don\'t learn the rules nobody can accuse of cheating.
April 3rd, 2002, 07:22 PM
I've used most of those quite a few times as well. Not as much anymore, now that I've learned tricks to thoroughly test my programs for nearly all contingencies, but, especially starting out, I used nearly all of those phrases when people tested my programs.
April 3rd, 2002, 08:37 PM
I read the post 3-4 times..
and I couldn't find any real curse in the top20..
Hmm I must be doing something wrong then
April 3rd, 2002, 08:51 PM
April 3rd, 2002, 09:02 PM
ive used a few of them... damned palm aps.... its the OS not my fault........
April 3rd, 2002, 09:12 PM
Computers make sense people
April 4th, 2002, 07:19 AM
I've used most of those at one time or other and that's a scary thought.