Network Security Document

Thread: Network Security Document

Network Security Document

I saw a post around 6 months ago about this, but I haven't been able to find it again. I'm starting the process of writing my company NSD and would like suggestions on things to include and such forth.

I've included just some basics (I'm just in outline form right now) like physical security (servers, workstations, routers), password security, incoming email security, and lastly...accountability for security breaches.

Any help you guys could give is much appreciated.

In addition to what you have listed, I'd include access rights to various things. For example, what will people be allowed to do on the company's internet connection. What types of off site access to the network is permitted, and the security precautions associated with that.
    -Shkuey
    Living life one line of error free code at a time.

Like shkuey said...include informational awareness of spyware, cookies, and the other not-so-obvious things that can ultimately affect the user's accounts, hardware, etc...

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Hope this attachment helps .
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

Thanks for your info guys!

I did include a section about ACL's and group membership for network shares and file access, just didn't include it in the post.

Also, THANKS A MILLION for that zip. I have only read the first few pages, but it contains a great preamble for me to work with.