lol, check out this site...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lol, check out this site...

lol, check out this site...

This is the cutest little flash thing I've seen in a while: click here. And before you rant about how this is not security-related, I posted it in the GENERAL CHIT CHAT forum, lol, so don't get on me about it! Tell me if you think that is cool too, because I've not been in any Flash designing or programming or whatever the heck you do to have Flash objects on sites, but if that is something that is easily done using a compiler, please tell me because I have some funny ideas that I wanna implement.

LOL that is funny love making him fall off.

Kindred69
    ForeverLearning

lol, I sat there ten minutes going left and right and up and down watching the little dude fall off to the ground. Did you notice how in the beginning he thinks the cursor is a carrot and that is why he goes for it? lol, that thing is so cool.

Have a look at these 2 urls for the same site one is the flash version one just HTML show what you canreally add to a site.
    Flash
    http://www.kurzweilai.net/index.html?flash=2

HTML only
    http://www.kurzweilai.net/index.html?flash=1

Kindred69
    ForeverLearning

Flash M0nkey
    because I've not been in any Flash designing or programming or whatever the heck you do to have Flash objects on sites, but if that is something that is easily done using a compiler, please tell me because I have some funny ideas that I wanna implement
    there is swish - but plz God don't go near it, is so easy to see when a site has been built using swish - arg! so annoying......just get yourself a copy of flash (u can download a trial from macromedia.com) and start reading the tutorials on flashkit.com there pretty easy to understand plus I could help u out (a lil as am pretty new myself) then theres #flash on efnet, guys in there can be really helpfull......u should take it up IMHO it is the best web-development tool out there and is ALOT of fun to work in, if you have any knowledge of a graphics prog like psp or photoshop your flying - just gotta learn how to use action script to make things interact

I have just uploaded the layout for my site done in flash - no content yet as I only started working on it tonight....still needs polished up as well but take a look - link is my sig

v_Ln

The Iceman Cometh
    I checked out the two KurzweilAI links that Kindred69 posted, and I agree that it shows what you can really add to a site, but it also shows some of the disadvantages of flash. Although the graphics look nice and the mouse-over boxes are impressive, the openning page does not have a great deal of logic to it, something which is extremely important for any site, especially if you integrate Flash because it allows for the possibility of even more confusion than just HTML. I fully support Flash developers, but many of them should sit down and read up on how a web site should be organized for maximum efficiency before sitting down to code the site. Just my opinion.

AJ

Thanks a lot guys for the follow-up, and I'll be PMing you later, val, if I need any help.

System_Overload
    I give it two thumbs up... *lol* Crazy bunny

HEHEHE!! I love that little bunny thing. Damn you jehnx, I just wasted 30 minutes of my time playing with it!! :d

Since we got some nice flash examples in this thread, I thought I'd show you a pretty crap one. No, this is just one that I did for my local tennis club - was done a while ago, maybe 2-3 years ago.

http://www.hptc.org.au (then click the flash version...obviously)

NOTE: I didn't do the site, just the flash.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Talking

[pong]For another good flash site, check out www.nosepilot.com ....later[/pong]
    \"If the facts don\'t fit the theory, change the facts\" -Albert Einstein