Cable Modem Security

Thread: Cable Modem Security

Banned

Cable Modem Security

Is there any way to arp from the cable modem? Or a way to tweak the microprocessor in the actual modem to recieve the *maximum* bandwith?

45 Mbps isn't enough for you?

nsiox: I don't know what kind of drugs you have your modem on to be getting 45 mbps, but whatever it is send me some over here dude...for real.

Banned
    Uhh...hehe what are you smoking? Your definatley not on charter...Cable modems "theoretically" transmit at 36Mbps downstream...just like 56k modems hit 56k right? I think usually its 3-10Mbps on average.

The limits of a cable modem is 45 Mbps. The cable modem is *never* the bottleneck, Period

Banned
    Where are you getting this rubbish? Its a bottleneck when you pay premo dollars for a Platinum service plan as opposed to a silver or gold. Its simply not 45Mbps...

i agree with bogomips, according to my prof. he's right on here, guys

Who said it was? Let me rephrase this,

The cable modem is limited to 45 Mbps.
    This does not mean you will get anywhere near this.
    They would have to dedicate a T3 to you if you were going to get this much.
    It's not up to you how much bandwidth you have, it's up to the cable company.
    Go complain to them about it. And if you're saying you get 3-10 Mbps on average, what's the complaint there? Are you trying to run a server of some kind? Every cable company's ToS I've read does not allow this. End.

Banned
    Ok we agree on something a T3 is 45 Mbps... the cable modem is limited to 36Mbps due to wiring involved. I've heard is is possible for the bottleneck to be bypassed by going into the actual cable modem and tweaking it some how. The complaint is i usually do not achieve 3-10 Mbps I was saying that is the average approximation for a cable user.

Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”