Thread: w98 and p4

Post w98 and p4

the original text can be found here - but its in czech

I just read article saying this - there is a problem with running win98 on processors P4 2.1 GHz or higher. When you have so fast processor and tries to run a win98 system on in the system won't boot and it will freeze. The article said it is because NDIS.vxd driver. This driver is for phone adapter and on frequency as high as this one is it makes some unspecific error. Solution is to disable this driver, boot in safe mode (this driver is skipped) or to uprgrade windows

Maybe this could help someone having problems with fast procesor and windows...

have a nice day

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I wonder what would happen if you installed Win 3.x on a p4? I might have to try that one of these days.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Originally posted here by souleman
    I wonder what would happen if you installed Win 3.x on a p4? I might have to try that one of these days.
    Please let me know what happened. I hope the computer won't explode and hurt you.

Banned
    souleman.... You computer will probably melt down into a pile on steaming Windows

Banned
    "I wonder what would happen if you installed Win 3.x on a p4? I might have to try that one of these days."

why waste time putting win3.x on a p4? it wont know what to do, i mean win3.x ran well enuf on a 488. save your self heartache, get a new copy of SuSE.... i wonder what would happen then........? oh yeah, a dream come true!

Win 3.x may be lacking the bells and whistles of the Win 9.x but it's a bit more stable than 9xs'...
    Try, Fail but Do iT at last!
    ASA The ZeroTimeR
    The Turkish IT Documentation Project