Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: main page forum suggestions

main page forum suggestions

Is there a way that you could put in our site options an option on which forums we can have shown on our main page?

Like if I wanted General chitchat, network, newbie questions , ...etc...?
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Banned
    Thats a very good idea... To have posts show up only from the forums that you choose... Good thinking casper

I agree, an excellent idea. I'd like to be able to filter out certain forums and include others, especially now that JP's removed site suggestions, general chat and oops a bug, because they're the forums I spend most of my time on!

I don't know whether AO addicts also shows, but I don't want it to until I can post in that particular forum (need 275 posts), but once I can I wish to enable it, so selecting specific forums would be a great help.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

ive been thinking about that for a while.. .but i figured it would be implimented already if it were easy to do...
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

Not many people must agree with me. What is everybodys opinion?
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

It would be nice.
    \"SI JE PUIS\"

i think it would be a neat plan:P
    hip hop rules

I would like to see the ability to set a site option to NOT show you new Usenet threads in the 'new posts' search., as well as to include or exclude forums from the main-page listing.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I agree Terr, the only problem with options for which threads show in the main page, is that anyone that got to the AO addicts forum level would probably start watching it more. We get enough posts in there as it is. I am still trying to catch up from this morning. At least right now we have decent conversations, instead of script kiddie crap. Once people can choose to watch it, they may realize "hey, some of these people aren't just idiots, maybe I can get some real help" Then they ask "So how do I REALLY hack a hotmail password. Next thing you know, eveything is going to hell, and AO addicts will look like Genereal Chit Chat.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Originally posted here by casper3699
    Not many people must agree with me. What is everybodys opinion?
    I think its really good idea. Really good. Hope JP will have same opinion anyway positive points to you smart brain