Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digicrime.com

Banned

Digicrime.com

I searched the forums and found only one topic on this website and it was a little outdated....

I was screwing around with my McAfee and came across a "banned URL" so I checked it out and it was Digicrime.com.

The site is suppose to do funky stuff to your computer but it didn't on mine (i've got Active X locked with authorization)

The previous thread spoke of nearly nothing about this site and it seems to have evolved (grown/improved whatever) since it's post in sept '01.

Does anyone else know about this site? Just curious to what it is and why McAfee would lock it out and not sites like HDC or 2600?

Banned
    When I go to the URL it says unresolved hostname
    And I dont use a firewall, only an anonymous proxy... Weird

acidspectrum, you forgot to put the www at the front of digicrime.com
    script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;

I just tried going there and McAfee stopped me too.

It reports the site as having possible hostile content ...

so I will join tyger_claw in his curiosity ... what's out there?

Cheers,

BrainStop
    "To estimate the time it takes to do a task, estimate the time you think it should take, multiply by two, and change the unit of measure to the next highest unit. Thus we allocate two days for a one-hour task." -- Westheimer's Rule

Not much. just cruised through it and got the ever happy BSOD and then the fake it is now safe to turn off your computer... then it forwards you to their main homepage...

that was it.

It has some nice examples on how to perform exploits through websites.

Edit:
    Such as sending an email from them to you (if it was your website) so you would get their email address. There are others but i didnt' play around too long.

I remember when this first 'aired' on AO.
    savIRC :: The Multi-Platform IRC Client v. 1.8 [Released 9.04.02]

Banned
    All these comments are great, but it has yet to fill my thurst for knowledge....

Why is this site stopped by McAfee and not others.....

On top of that, I checked the other (of 2) sites that are claimed to be hostile sites....
    The other is an ISP!

Wierd.... very wierd...?

Because the site makes a point of 'insulting' McAfee. They pointedly say MCAfee doesn't protect you from hostile intent. That's why they stuck it in the 'banned' section.

I believe.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Try http://links.userfriendly.org/linkto....digicrime.com by redirecting through another site, I am not sure if mcafee will block it.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

It does.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson