OMG! Goodwill is awesome!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG! Goodwill is awesome!!

OMG! Goodwill is awesome!!

Sorry for the double-post, but General Discussion doesn't seem to be showing up on the front board, and I think this is supa-cool, so I wanna post it in here, hehe. If someone has admin and would like to delete it from the other one, feel free...it's all gravy, y0.

I can't believe this. I was heading out to Goodwill cuz I needed a nice-looking shirt to wear to my new private school when/if I get accepted (and cuz I'm a cheap-skate and wouldn't pay 80 dollars for a shirt I can get for 3.29, ), and I went back to the miscellaneous section that they have in the store. I'm hanging out back there, looking around, when the guy comes from the back and is stocking stuff up. To my amazement, he brings out a tower, a monitor, and a 5-port hub. I was like, "woh, wonder how much that crap is gonna cost...probably a lot!" So, he sat it out there, put on the price tags, and I went over there. For the entire bundle, it was 9.99!!!!!! Can you believe this? I just got a brand new complete system for 10 bucks. And it's not a piece of crap like you might think, it's good stuff! Like, the monitor is a 17" flatscreen, the computer is made of a 633 mhz Pentium Celeron processor, 15 gig HDD, 128 mb RAM, and WinME installed on it. Can you believe this? I thought this was an awesome deal, and I'm sure you do too, so I just wanted to post this and tell you that instead of going out to that old crappy BestBuy or somewhere related for your computer needs, just go to the neighbourhood Goodwill, lol, they have it all, and it's so much cheaper! /me is HAPPY!

PS: I never even got the shirts I was looking for, lol

Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Oh, hehe, woops. Umm...can we let this one slip? I think this is really cool man.

Senior since the 3 dot era
    LOL, you are a lucky guy... a 17" flatscreen and a box for 9.99 ??
    Overhere you can't even buy a mouse with 9.99$

I bet you are joking

I swear I'm not joking hun, for real! It's so weird, I was so surprised when I walked up to it and saw the price on it...but then again, Goodwill is a thrift store, and they're supposed to be cheap, ya know? They can't charge that much, or else they wouldn't stick to their standard of selling used stuff for really cheap. It was donated to them, so why not sell it for an awesome price, right?

Banned
    jehnx you are one lucky mother*****er.... Id kill ofr the flat screen... FOR 10$!?!?!

what!! for under 10 bucks, but then again it did have ME on
    Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.....

Hey Jehnx, I'll give you $15 bucks for it...you can make a profit! What a deal!
    \"If the facts don\'t fit the theory, change the facts\" -Albert Einstein

Adam: I suppose you're talking about the monitor? lol, I've been bugged for that thing now by three people, and the highest bid I've gotten was Ac1d saying he'd give 20, hehe. But nope! Not selling it. The computer, however, I may be able to slip out the door for a few dimes.../me thinks about maybe putting it on ebay or something. I already have enough computers really.

Banned
    u are one luck son of a b1tch.

just thinking. who would be that stupid to throw that treasure to goodwill. that person could have made all lot profit selling that. well, whoever he is he sure has a big heart........or a small brain.

ill buy it for $50