Free Speech under fire (again)

Thread: Free Speech under fire (again)

Unhappy Free Speech under fire (again)

Okay, this is just stupid:
    http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/20...nts/index.html

For those of you lacking time/attention span, here is the basic story:
    The article wasn't clear, but it was either a BBS or a listserv of some sort that was for...Aquatic Plant Enthusiasts (dman, just when I thought I was the geekiest person around).
    Anyhoo, one member of this group posted a difficult experience they had with a company called Pets warehouse, causing other users to state their own opinions (negative) about the company. Pets Warehouse finds out, and...sues them. What the hell is this? It wasn't even posted to a website, and they're getting sued. WTF is this?

ROFL, imagine if MS did something similar...we'd be pretty screwed (along with almost everyone else online)
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

Hmm...that is a dumb one. On what grounds are they suing the people? I can't think of any laws they've broken, and it's not slander because they are talking amongst themselves and not necessarilly trying to make the company look bad, just share why they don't prefer them. Some people can be real idiots sometimes.

On the other note, yes, we'd be in a lot of trouble, lol, if MS ever decided to do something like that...although I stand by my prediction that it won't hold up in the courts. Hehe, really, some people amaze me with their idiocy.

This is so wrong....damn the lawyers!!
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

I just can't believe that the judge wouldn't throw this case out instantly ...it just seems to frivolous and morally wrong.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

I think this is just another symptom that our whole court system needs to be reformed. Frivilous lawsuits are all too common.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

everything goes to court because that's how the system and the lawyers earn money... and because there's to many "bad persons" inside the system...
    and I agree with jehnx. This wont last a second it court...
    but at least the ppl being sued can earn some money on this if they're clever enough
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

Apparently the company trademark owner tried to reply to the list, and thought he was being blacklisted. Instead, his messages were bouncing for containing attachments and files. (Curse the non-text-only mail systems! EVIL!)
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency