Open Ports

Thread: Open Ports

Open Ports

I was wondering if there is an online site that can tell you what ports are not being blocked on a network PC. Sites like Sygate's tell you about the obvious ones like FTP and Telnet ports, but what about those not mentioned on these tests? Is there a way to scan yourself for an open port?
    sandwich.

If you have another internet connection (even dialup) you can use a tool like NMap to do a full scan yourself. I believe www.dslreports.com does full scans , why don't you just check them out.
    Edit- Look under tools for the scans.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

You can always try this link:
    https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

NMap is one of the better, more well-known ones: http://www.insecure.org/
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    can NMAP work on windows? i thought it was strictly *nix
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

they have a port for windows. the last time i checked they only had the win source code for download but theirs a few places around where you can download the binary
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Banned
    nmap is great, but u can also actualy spend time to portscan your computer with a portscanner......... it works well and u can elt it go to as high of a number as you want