Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows encounter some problem....--> help me out

just install a clean copy of windows and all will be fine or maybe a scandisk would help and maybe the source of the problem is shutting of you'r pc do it the right way allright?
    hip hop rules

WinXP is not a solution as you, friends, say. It is because I encounter the problem when using WinXP.
    ILCF

maybe it is some memory problem... too many processes running in the background

Yep, I think so, because that announcement is popped up when I run quite many programs.
    ILCF

Well, based on the info you've posted, there's a couple things you may want to check on.

First off, make sure you've patched Visual C++. There are major updates for both of them available in the MSDN libraries, from Microsoft. Both Version 5.0 and 6.0 have a long list of issues, but form my experiences, the updates clear up a large portion of them. Also, download and install the patches for Word/Office as applicable.

Next. do you install and unistall programs frequently? It sounds as if some registry entries may not have been cleaned up on an uninstall somewhere along the line, and that can cause all kinds of issues with lockups, crashes, and general un-responsiveness. You can find simple to use registry cleaners for free on the 'net if you search for them. They'll scan for disconnected or missing links and give you the options to repair or remove the bad entries.

Windows NT is far more stable than 9.x, but it isn't crashproof. My experiences with XP have been limited as of late, so I can't vouch for them, but being built on the NT kernal is a step in the right direction.

Hope this helps.