AO offline for 24 hours
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AO offline for 24 hours

AO offline for 24 hours

Why is it that AO keeps going offline for extended periods? first it was for a few hours at a time, the latest Database error lasted almost 24 hours, JP has said nothing, there have been few discussions about it, and I want to know why. Hiding behind mysql only works for so long, then you need to answer, 80k peeps want to know why!!!!

The BOFH reason was......

"Unfortunately we have run out of bits/bytes/whatever. Don't worry, the next supply will be coming next week"

More Here
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Thanks for BOFH reason Matty_Cross! man i had just finnished typing the best post ever seen on A.O. Hit the Submit button and nothing happens. I close window and try to log into AO again.Only get the data base down message . OK so wat have i done now . panick . Next day the same . panick even more start packing . Try one more time before giving up computers for ever AO is back
    Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.....

Hi mom!
    It's all part of JP's evil plot to take-over the world database by database. If I told you more, I'd have to kill you.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Re: AO offline for 24 hours

Originally posted here by V3RIZON
    Why is it that AO keeps going offline for extended periods? first it was for a few hours at a time, the latest Database error lasted almost 24 hours, JP has said nothing, there have been few discussions about it, and I want to know why. Hiding behind mysql only works for so long, then you need to answer, 80k peeps want to know why!!!!
    Sheesh. Welcome to computers. This site was one of two sites of my favs that was down. The other site, an online game, had switched to newer hardware but discovered the hard way that it wasn't powerful enough for the game so they had to get newer new hardware.

Anyways, its free. Don't whine and complain. I suspect the reason why JP hasn't said anything is because... DUH! he was working on it. Sheesh! Why should you be told anyways? What does it concern you? The Database error page is more than likely a modified error page and doesn't necessarily indicate that it is specific a software issue.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

It's not like this website is the only thing going on in your life. Maybe in mine, but surely not in yours.

The last 24 hours has made me understand that I need to get a life. You can see how well that worked though...as soon as AO was back up....here I am.
    Thanks JP...I was starting to go through withdrawal symptoms, and it wasn't pretty! Glad we're all back up and running!
    Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Banned
    LOL, Me too.. AO withdrawls suck
    But luckily I was away the whole day and when I came back it was 2am so I just went back to sleep

Well .... I found that I had to come in to work today ... so I'm [shadow]HAPPY [/shadow] that AO is back to keep me company!

Cheers,

BrainStop

PS = Of course, I wrote this and then it went down for db maintenance ... Murphy's law I guess. And nope, Dome, my work firewall won't let me IRC.
    "To estimate the time it takes to do a task, estimate the time you think it should take, multiply by two, and change the unit of measure to the next highest unit. Thus we allocate two days for a one-hour task." -- Westheimer's Rule

Banned

Talking IRC

When all else fails you can always log on to irc.antionline.com and join us in a LIVE chat.... it rarely goes down, and there are allways people chatting

IRC rox.... i think all the members should come join us