Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AntiPoints...

AntiPoints...

I totally disagre with the antipoints system, but some people seem to like it very much.
    At least a little change can be made to justify some things...
    When somebody assigns an antipoint, his/her username should be sent with that antipoint.
    So people can see who are smiling to their faces but backstabbing them...

Try, Fail but Do iT at last!
    ASA The ZeroTimeR
    The Turkish IT Documentation Project

Banned
    There were lots and lots of posts made on this subject before, and JP refused each and every one of them... If people give negative messages then there will be AntiPoint wars.... Personally I send my name with both posetive and negative AntiPoints so if the person wants to contact me, they could

Re: AntiPoints...

Originally posted here by ASA
    I totally disagre with the antipoints system, but some people seem to like it very much.
    At least a little change can be made to justify some things...
    When somebody assigns an antipoint, his/her username should be sent with that antipoint.
    So people can see who are smiling to their faces but backstabbing them...

The discussion about antipoints have been posted in several threads. Here is a few of our previous discussions about AntiPoints..

I agree with ac1dsp3ctrum, its easy to add your name to the antipoints. And if you dont like the idea then simple ignore the antipoint system .

first of all... you need to start searching before you post. all you have to do is click the little search button found at the top of the forum page (JP should make it bigger) and type in the topic you are going to discuss... then you would know that not only has this topic been discussed about 400 times, but you would know that JP has decided that the antipoint system is best left anonymous. i have to agree with this decision because of the immaturity of many users who willstart antipointing you back every time you give out negatives. giving the name would leave more room for abuse. besides why do you care who sent them?

beyond all of this though, let me make the point i have made about 399 of the 400 times this way brought up... ANTIPOINTS DON'T MATTER! really, they don't do anything. the only way they matter is if you get like -100 or something and you get kicked from the site... and knowing who gave them to you will not mean anything. i do not say that it isn't nice to get greenies, but in the end, the are inconsequential.
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

Banned

Contact them

Beyond all what you just said, JP HAS added an option to contact the person who gave you the AntiPoint, but the person has to agree to make contact.....

This is the best way, you can still plea/argue about weather u think you diserved that AntiPoint or not if the person agrees to it.

This will definately prevent AntiPoint War.... and also, not all negative or posative antipoints get figured in.. sometimes they are left neutral because the AntiPoint system rejects them.

Either way JP is always working on making the AntiPoint system better and better..... and hopefully soon he will add that AntiPoint system to the IRC somehow so i can get credit for my time on the AO IRC and not only for my little time spent on the boards

Well, why the heck I care who sent them?
    Antipoint description that JP has made includes "a good answer, respect to other members etc." so what's the relationship with what I post here and my country?
    Here's an anonymous antipoint I received;
    No wonder Turkey always loses to so many enemies with people like you... Also it's named for a STUPID bird.......LOL - contact user about this assignment
    And for those, who know the best, I know how to search, and been on the net much longer than you have.
    I did not see any occasion like the above one in those so wanted to add my idea in a new topic.

This is my last message for this board.
    I know that nobody will care, but let me say;
    "AntiOnline was once a good place, then the new face of antionlin came up, so many lamers came around for the forum. Some of them were flamed, and some played the trick wisely and became antionline regulars.
    I know that people see this but do not say a word. There are still good and respectful people around, but the lamers are on top of this board and as Antionline now seem to be turining around on this forum I refuse to stay around, say goodbye."
    I hope one day JP will realise that quality is much more important than rating.
    Try, Fail but Do iT at last!
    ASA The ZeroTimeR
    The Turkish IT Documentation Project

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Some people post stupid antipoints. I get them saying yawn, and biotch, and sometimes without a message at all. Oh well, life goes on. You just have to get over it. So someone compared a turkey to Turkey. Big deal. It doesn't matter what forum you go to, you will see the same thing. You will see it in real life also, so GET OVER IT.

What would you do if you knew who did it anyway? Report them for giving you negative antipoints? Or would you just give them negative antipoints? Then they would retalliate, then you would, then they would, etc etc. It doesn't matter. You have to deal with the bad as well as the good.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

There are many more things in life that are much more important that AntiPoints. I say, forget about it and get on with your life.

The system could be changed, but then, people would still complain. I bet if someone posted a stupid post, got many negative AntiPoints from heaps of users and, knowing who gave them these AntiPoints, they could just issue that person with negative AntiPoints, which would be just much more trouble than it's worth. So really, there are negative on both sides (knowing who sent you the AntiPoints), but I just think there are more negatives with revealing the user who sent them.

This has been discussed quite a lot. Hopefully the fuss will die down.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Originally posted here by souleman
    Some people post stupid antipoints. I get them saying yawn, and biotch, and sometimes without a message at all. Oh well, life goes on. You just have to get over it. So someone compared a turkey to Turkey. Big deal. It doesn't matter what forum you go to, you will see the same thing. You will see it in real life also, so GET OVER IT.

What would you do if you knew who did it anyway? Report them for giving you negative antipoints? Or would you just give them negative antipoints? Then they would retalliate, then you would, then they would, etc etc. It doesn't matter. You have to deal with the bad as well as the good.
    Well said

wooshlizard says already been talked about
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com