Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem deleting a directory

it wouldn't even delete after reboot....and i know after reboot it wasn't in use
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

Originally posted here by linuxcomando
    You want to delete the folder? First get a linux cd. Then boot form the cd. After that use cfdisk or disk druid to set up your partions and finally select all the stuff you want.
    Problem solved .

(don't do this unless you want to get rid of windows)
    Don't you have anything else to say? Are you going to post this answer for all posts???!!!
    Like this one: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...326#post488326
    Ok we all know that you are a Linux user

Thumbs up

[list=1][*]First, you get yourself a dead cat.[*]Then you go into the graveyard under a full moon...[/list=1]
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

The Iceman Cometh
    I've had the same problem quite a few times with random folders. The DOS deleting idea still works in Windows XP. Close all Explorer windows, and run the command prompt (Start | Run | cmd.exe) cd to the one level above the folder you want to delete and simply delete it using the del command. In my experience, it's worked...

AJ

My little brother made a directory about 500 or so levels deep... You can't delete it from the top directory, you need to work your way down... That took about 5 minutes to move down one level because the computer slowed down after a while... It said some system file in use because he had installed Personal Webserver (The MS one...), and shared out some folders... Amazing how a 3-4 year old can mess with a computer... Shortly after that, the HD died, and we had to get a new one... That was with Win98...

Edit: BTW: It said MS-DOS couldn't handle the long filenames and deep directories... It said boot up in windows to do it...

-Tim_axe