Thread: bad news for gamerz

Thumbs up bad news for gamerz

Gather round my children
    and a story I will tell
    of a video gamer outlaw
    perhaps you know him well

The Winchester Star

actually, it's not funny at all.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

I just love how they always want to blame "the computer". They just don't want to be brash and say. Well, gee. It may be the kid was mentaly unstable or may have caved into peer presures. They want to say "it's got to be in the email".
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

OMG time to go burn all my books, I mean with my collection I must be a serial killer. I mean what would they think, having a collection including martial arts including text on sticking points and strikes to cause death, the use of weapons, Pathology, Forensic medicine, toxicology, Psychology of the murder and criminal mentality with interview techniques used by law agencies, criminology, Law, including a book on the most famous murder cases, book on vampirism both myth and role-play, several martial art weapons around the place. That is just a selection of what I have around my home!!

Kindred69
    ForeverLearning

Banned
    I like how Kindred put it....

I have a SHITLOAD of criminal history books, serial killers exposed and other interesting books.... I thought it would make me a better (to be) police officer, now I see that in the eyes of the media, I am but a potential KILLER!

I guess Hitler's book burning sessions weren't lost forever?

The media is always looking for someone to blame. Chances are that this kid was just plain nuts. Look at the games “Diablo II,” “Warcraft II,” “Age of Empires II,” and “Starcraft,”. Granted in Diablo II you fight the devil (Diablo) but what about Age of Empires II I played that game to no end and I can honestly say more violence is caused by people by people throwing tantrums when windows ME crashed for the 10th time that day. One more little thing that’s be puzzling me lately. When ever there talking about violent video games on TV the always show a little clip of doom. Why doom? If you trying to convince everyone that video games are super violent brain washing tools, why show a clip from a game that’s almost 9 years old where all the bad guys look like cartoonish Lego people? Why not use a game like grand theft auto 3, were you can have sex with a hooker and then run here over with a car?
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

Banned
    Totally, leave the whole Doom propaganda alone!

Besides, I read in a gaming magazine (Ok not the best/impartial source) that a study was done with 100 people. 50 were told to play "violent" video games, the other 50 were told to read something like quauntum physics. (I'll get the proper facts later) Anyways, after several hours, the two groups were told to shock someone wired to a chair. The results found that something like 80%+ from the physics group shocked the person (some to disturbing amounts) to something like 35% from the gaming group.

And they say we gamers are the violent types... and that it promotes violence....

Dammit! What do you see 70% of the news?!? F'N Violence.....

Shoot em' all! (Ok bad example )

When asked if any of the materials helped define a motive for the murder, Eckman said: “In my opinion, I know the motive. I think the result of the crime tells the motive.”
    just what the hell does that mean? the result of the crime was 1 person was dead and another was seriously injured. is he insinuating that it was pure bloodlust? that the only thing this guy was after was to kill sombody?
    also, “Diablo II,” “Warcraft II,” “Age of Empires II,” and “Starcraft” are some of the least "gory violent" games arround(ok well maybe not the least, but CERTIANLY not the most). i mean look at FPS games. you want gore? take a look at Soldier of Fortune, thats got plenty. infact, you should be GLAD that they show a clip of Doom rather than some of the newer games(although i've seen a q3 clip here and there), cause some games are almost enough to make MY stomach turn, and i'm a pretty hard-core gamer, and quite de-sensitized to game violence. immagine what the general public would say at their first glimpse of SoF or...crap, cant think of the name, but it took place in NYC and was chock full of violence and swearing to the point where they would probably have to bleep atleast every other word. they would go crazy. that would be the absolute END of gaming. there would be govermental "video game controll" commities.

in short: to blame these games for violence(unless its because of crashes/cheaters in multiplayer, both of which create at most severe frustration) is just plane absurd.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

Some time ago, a secretary in our office blamed the problems of teenagers on "Satanic cults". Today, it appears that the same type problems can be attributed to computer games.

Just a thought.

The media know nothing and the Cops know Jack Shite.. If a person is predisposed to
    being a nut case, fruite cake, serial murderer etc taking these books, games etc from
    them will not stop them.. A computer game will not convince a rational person to
    commit a criminal act..

[gloworange]....wot.....................huh.....................oh........I.......have........to.......go.....my.......
    ....com.....put...errrrr..........wants.......me.....to.................tourch...............
    ....the..........................factory...................................next...................dooorrr...[/gloworange]

Oh my god the world is slowly going nuts. This is the biggest piece of balloni i have ever read so what if he reads books like that wow!!!!

If someone is gonna do things like this there only have to watch the bloody news to get ideas so if they feel that media images force people to kill turn off the news.
    [pong][gloworange]665[/gloworange] Next door to the [glowpurple]devil[/glowpurple][/pong]