Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: does anybody think mac will make a great came back

Thumbs up does anybody think mac will make a great came back

if the mac does make a came back will it be strong enough to slow down ms. i really dont like ms but thats what i have so i cant wait to get a better computer
    so said the raven nevermore

Banned

my opinion

again this is just opinionated so i dotn want any flames telling me that Macs rule your world cus i really could care less.......

In my opinion Macs are not worth the money..... with the money spent running a "fast" Mac server using OSX i could build a PC running linux twice as fast...... my AMD Athlon XP 1.4GHz CPU w. FIC AD11 Mobo and 256MB PC2100 ram cost me 300 bux..... and how much would i have to pay for a simple iMac that doesnt do a damn thing for me????

Macs are terrible, the OSX might not be a bad OS... but overall i disslike Mac

Re: my opinion

Originally posted here by Dome

In my opinion Macs are not worth the money..... with the money spent running a "fast" Mac server using OSX i could build a PC running linux twice as fast...... my AMD Athlon XP 1.4GHz CPU w. FIC AD11 Mobo and 256MB PC2100 ram cost me 300 bux..... and how much would i have to pay for a simple iMac that doesnt do a damn thing for me????

Macs are terrible, the OSX might not be a bad OS... but overall i disslike Mac
    Again another stupid Mac comment, would you mind giving us a good argument on why Macs are terrible? Do you own one? or have you owned one? And by the way, OSX is absolutely not a bad OS in fact it is even more superior then Win XP.

Banned

read

Read what i said...... i told you why in dont like macs.... they are OVER PRICED, that has nothing to do with owning one..... true macs are nice and fast and the structure is better, but damnit they are EXPENSIVE!!!!!

and i said that OSX wasnt bad, but i still prefer my Linux.... XP sucks anyway so why are you comparing it to that?

calm down... number one... this question is ridiculous anyway... "will mac slow down ms?" Who cares really, they are both owned by bill gaites so really it doesn't matter which company is superior. second...

and i said that OSX wasnt bad, but i still prefer my Linux.... XP sucks anyway so why are you comparing it to that?
    And by the way, OSX is absolutely not a bad OS in fact it is even more superior then Win XP

the comparison was against another popular os... even though both are very similar... osx is better...

Macs are terrible,
    although i am not a huge fan of macs, because i grew up on pc... Macs aren't all that terrible.... really.

my AMD Athlon XP 1.4GHz CPU w. FIC AD11 Mobo and 256MB PC2100 ram cost me 300 bux.....
    without the rest of the parts you have you can't be sure... but usually macs are slightly comprable... and besides, was it just 300 bucks for those parts?

could build a PC running linux twice as fast
    just a note... if you have a mac with a 1.4 gighertz and a pc with the same... mac on average bench marks faster (mac around 1.2, pc around 1)

the mac/pc debate is as old as time itself... no matter how great one or the other begins, there will always be people who will like the other style system, even if it is inferior.... (not that i am saying one is inferior to the other.) well i think i have said enough to get sufficiently flamed... lol, isn't that always the way.
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    OSX is absolutely not a bad OS in fact it is even more superior then Win XP.
    Windows 98 is superior then windows XP. Anything is. That is not really a hard accomplishment. OSX is actually a really good OS. I used to use NeXT, and liked it then also, although there were certain things that I didn't especially like with them. Their cpu time division really sucked, but oh well. I haven't played with os X much, but I assume they fixed it.

Anyway, I personally agee with dome in one major aspect. The price. The mac is WAY to expensive. An imac is still over a grand, yet I can get an emachine for $500. They are basically the same thing. If you put linux on an emachine running AfterStep, you have a machine that will kick the imac's arse.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

The Mac may be a high priced computer, but since 1997 when they introduced the iMac the prices went down. If I look at what I pay for the Powerbook and what I get it is really worth the money. How many laptops come with a 10/100/1000 mb nic? or large amounts of memory etc.
    Apple launched great products with great technology when the PC couldn't keep up.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Focmaester> I payed $1200 for a P3 1Ghz with 256 MEg or ram, built in modem, and 10/100 nick. Since I don't use gigabit ethernet anywhere, I don't give a **** about 1000. This was back in November, so I can get the same thing now for about a grand. Because mac doesn't have any competition (like Intel/AMD) they don't have to cut their prices, but they also don't upgrade their processors as regularly. You get at least 2 to 3 new chips out of intell/amd for every 1 chip from mac. Yeah, the intel/amd chips get outdated a lot faster that way, but it makes it so you can get a decent chip a lot cheaper.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Since M$ backs MAC now. I don't think it'll hurt any interests.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

KorpDeath> my point entirely
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda