View Poll Results: is perl now worth learning?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes! do it!

0 0%
  • nah, move on to ______....

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How anonymous are you?

i don't even know who i am
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I always give the correct country. However if they are trying to be more clever I give a unique "faked name" to each site that demands a Postal address. (In this manner I can get an idea of who's sold my name and addy to all those marketers) While this might sound just a little anal to some of you, I get to boycott the products of the really poor sites.

Sheesh that looks anal even to me.

Regards

If someone wants information on me, they are going to have to do a little digging to find it. I'm not going to make it easy for everyone and their mothers to find out the information. The information is out there, find it if you truely want it.
    If you don\'t tell me what I want to know, in 5 minutes I\'ll be the only person left standing at this table...5 minutes after that, I\'ll be the only person left standing in this room.

i never give my personal details, except when it's something work related, or personal stuff, like my cable provider, (e.g. creating another e-mail account, etc). Even if it's something harmless, I just don't give. Maybe I'm just paranoid, dunno....

I think it all depends on who owns the site and if you trust them. Which in my case is very few. LOL Even if I do trust them I only give the required info and generally that is my work info. If I doubt the integrity of the site I just leave.

ccKid

I don't usually give out that much, I usually fake it. . .soemthing wiht cats.
    if it's a service I'll use for a while, I fill it out completely.

Just if it's needed. Otherway I think it could just be the cause of a possible damage.