Thread: qbasic question

Unhappy qbasic question

hey guys. I was hoping you could asnwer this question i have.... ive just started messing around with programming. i kno the basics of qbasic(print,cls,what a variable is,etc), but what i cant figure out is how to use the program you write in q basic. i save it and i can locate it but when i click it it sais open with what programming. is it possible i can use the program i make in q basic? how can i use the program i make?!

Nice to know people are learning how to program...

I'm guessing that you are using the program QBASIC in MS-DOS to program this. If so, there should be some menu at the top that says RUN. Click it, and there should be a thing that says START. Or, you can press [Shift] + [F5], and that should do it.

I think there is a website where you can download QBASIC if you don't have it. I think it is somewhere in http://www.qbasic.com My teacher told me about it, but I didn't stay there long enough to find it...

-Tim_axe

You can get a good start by buying some books but you can only get so far with books. Eventually someone’s going to have to teach you how to program.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

get a copy of firstbasic from powerbasic. its shareware but dosn't expire.

I didn't see it on their site but a quick search on goole:

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare...1/firstbas.zip

its 98% compatable with qb lang, and it compiles and links your code. beats the hell outa using bat files or the run command to call the interpeter.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Banned
    as he asked ppl read the threads i havent seen a way to make qbasic programs executable but u never know should start learning pascal better more c++ ish with functions and stuff well thats my 22.6c
    thanks
    RiOtEr

I wrote a tutorial on QBasic somewhere in the Tutorials Forum. I don't know, but it might be of _some_ use to you.

Qbasic is nice to start with if you want to learn a little. My suggestion is to go with visual basic or c++. Granted now it is a little more work, but it really pays off in the end.
    If you don\'t tell me what I want to know, in 5 minutes I\'ll be the only person left standing at this table...5 minutes after that, I\'ll be the only person left standing in this room.

Thumbs up

Originally posted here by RiOtEr
    as he asked ppl read the threads i havent seen a way to make qbasic programs executable but u never know should start learning pascal better more c++ ish with functions and stuff well thats my 22.6c
    thanks
    RiOtEr
    Qbasic came in two versions. Normal Qbasic was included
    in MS-DOS, and you had to run the Qbasic interpreter
    to run your programs.

There was a commercial version, called Quick Basic, and it
    would compile your programs into EXE executables that
    would run on any PC.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Thanx guys , with your help i figured it out