IRC & Hackers

Thread: IRC & Hackers

\"SI JE PUIS\"

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Hackers don't use IRC.

Anyway, people who commit credit card theft are not hackers, they are ass holes. Just another case of the media mislabeling things.....again.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

well, hackers do use IRC... but so do lots of lamers, *******s, flamers, newbies, pr0n freaks.. should I go on?

I'd say that this article is just some person with a little face in the media trying to make a name for themself.. by, as souleman said above, mislabelling something...

notice how the article specifically targets IRC.... when there are lots of other chatrooms available... and I'm sure these 'hackers' might also use an AOL chatroom.. or a Yahoo chatroom... but lets not say that, because it would look bad for AOL Time warner to be associated with something that is abused for something as crap as CC theft...

If I was going to even take this article seriously, or this person, you would have to remove any reference to a specific chatroom, take out 'hackers', and then I might, JUST MIGHT, take it seriously...

if someone wants to be malicious, in any way, shape or form, and they want to discuss it... no one protocol or program is a 'market' for it... if they can communicate over it, you can be damn sure they'll use it...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

I'm with you on this one Matty_Cross.
    \"SI JE PUIS\"

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    MC> I was kidding about hackers not using IRC.

Anyway, I think AOL is actually worse for Script Kiddiez and CC theft then IRC. Most of the people doing CC theft these days don't even know what they are doing. Just collecting CC numbers by running other scripts, so they can say "Woo hoo, I'm 31337" A good portion of them probably couldn't even figure out how to get mIRC working, let alone log onto effnet and use the /join command.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

lol
    right on ...
    assembly.... digital dna ?

souleman... I know you were kidding... I just didn't want to think of a new introduction for my post...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

This is crazy. I wish the media would learn what a hacker really is, I know webster knows.
    If you don\'t tell me what I want to know, in 5 minutes I\'ll be the only person left standing at this table...5 minutes after that, I\'ll be the only person left standing in this room.