Gprs Cell Phone Security

Thread: Gprs Cell Phone Security

Question Gprs Cell Phone Security

Hi i was just wondering if anyone out there can help me. I am thinking of getting a GPRS cellphone and was just wondering the security aspects of them.

1. If they are a static connection to the net does that give them an IP address
    1.1 If they have an IP does that mean that the phone can be hacked into
    1.2 If someone hacked into your phone would they be able to intercept
    your calls or other things such as sms messages

2. If they could be hacked how would this be stopped.

Thanks for any help

Damien
    [pong][gloworange]665[/gloworange] Next door to the [glowpurple]devil[/glowpurple][/pong]

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Cell phones are not truly secure. Any form of wireless technology can be hacked. It may only be sniffed, but thats still not secure. Not sure about the specifics with the GPRS system though. As far as stoping it, there isn't much you can do. Eventually, Norton may come out with the cell phone anti-virus/firewall or something, but until then....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

I looked it up on google and there are quite a lot of groups talking about GPRS security but not many answers.

I know digital cell phones are a hell lot more secure then analogue (which could be picked up on CB's) but also know cell phones can be sniffed do you know if a digital cellphone is given an IP
    [pong][gloworange]665[/gloworange] Next door to the [glowpurple]devil[/glowpurple][/pong]