Thread: bug with "Who downloaded this attachment."

bug with "Who downloaded this attachment."

I dont know if this is a bug or if I cant count anymore but when I clicked on the "Who downloaded this attachment" link from an attachment from this thread it said there was 17 downloads but there was only 9 people that downloaded it. Did they download twice or are there some missing?
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

I think I figured it out.

Originally posted here by JP

* Each attachment now contains a "who downloaded this attachment" link below it. Clicking it will open a pop-up window listing users that have, you guessed it, downloaded the attachment (note: this system doesn't list downloads that took place before today's update).
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

I found another thing too. When you click on the who downloaded this button it adds another number to how many time the attachment has been downloaded. But nobody has downloaded it.

Well, when I click on casper's attachment *Who downloaded this attachment*, I see 4 people.. but it was downloaded 8 times *or so it says*..

I did a little test.. and you can get the number of downloads to increase if you clear your cache and download it again.. which could explain the difference between users and downloads... *but why would someone keep clearing their cache and loading the image..*

also, it could be something as simple as guests downloading it.. It wouldn't put a user name in for them.....

I tried to get the counter to increase by clicking the Who has download this link, but with no success...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Originally posted here by Matty_Cross

Well, when I click on casper's attachment *Who downloaded this attachment*, I see 4 people.. but it was downloaded 8 times *or so it says*..

I did a little test.. and you can get the number of downloads to increase if you clear your cache and download it again.. which could explain the difference between users and downloads... *but why would someone keep clearing their cache and loading the image..*

also, it could be something as simple as guests downloading it.. It wouldn't put a user name in for them.....

I tried to get the counter to increase by clicking the Who has download this link, but with no success...
    It only did that to me twice. I tried it again and it is not doing that. It just added one more to it after i refreshed the page so I thought that clicking the who downloaded this added one.

i think someone downloaded it while u was refreshing
    hip hop rules

Banned
    Greetings:

I checked the logs, and darkadon hit the nail on the head.

As for why the numbers don't match, it could be that:

1. The download was made before the system was put in place.
    2. A user downloaded the file more than once.

Everything seems to be working perfectly with this system, so I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.