Thread: A prize to those who

A prize to those who

I think that i find an idea. The guys who sent their friends invitation to get an award (antipoints).
    Last edited by ASPII on Then at 0 BC

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    I think this is a good idea. Kind of like other sites who give you five bucks off your first purchase if you refer new people. Something similar, like 2 or 3 points for each person you convert to the AO side would be pretty cool.
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

I dont think this is SO good idea... IMO it will be just a question of time when some people will just hunt antipoints inviting their friends (real or fake it doesn't matter). And I think that antipoints should show how good your posts are, not how active you are... But this is just my opinion...

Have a nice day
    Sun7dots

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    How active you are is shown by your number of posts. I agree that giving antipoints for friends is a bad idea though. Enough people already have more then one account. I can just see how many hotmail accounts would be created by 1 person, just to get antipoints.

Maybe something like 50 friends = a tshirt or something. And 150 to get a lunch box.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Banned
    /me wants a T-Shirt
    Hmm, sun7dots is right, people will put fake email addys and get their AO points.. I dont need a reward like AOpoints to reccommend people to this site I do it already

Good idea. JP start to search for money, much.
    Last edited by ASPII on Then at 0 BC

I don't agree to it either....
    I'm also recomending the site friends that I know that are interested in learning about security.
    I have the same opinion that people would create fake accounts, pretending to be those "friends". Unless the awards were only given if that so called friend would post more then a certain number of times ( I dunno if this a fair thing to do, but would give more trouble create those fake friends... ).
    As far the reward being points, I agree with sun7dots, the points should be awarded in compensation for a good post, and not for inviting people....

All of this IMHO....

Just to chime in ... I agree with most of you ... there should be no point reward for referring friends ... we should refer people to this site if they are interested.

By your friends coming here, you will be rewarded later if they appreciate your posts.

If we start giving points for everything, soon we will all be heading for the golden dot ... so let's not devalue the Antipoint.

Cheers,

BrainStop
    "To estimate the time it takes to do a task, estimate the time you think it should take, multiply by two, and change the unit of measure to the next highest unit. Thus we allocate two days for a one-hour task." -- Westheimer's Rule

Banned
    Greetings All:

Well, I always appreciate people recommending and linking to our site. However, I don't see us rewarding such behavior with AntiPoints, etc.

thanks for the suggestion though!